Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sunshine House Prep School Tung Chung

H&A
    H&A is offline Registered User

Millerwhisk,
    How about the SunShine Kindergarten in DB? Is it also need to pay a debenture?THANKS!

jaetee is offline Registered User

Dumb question (please forgive) - how old should our kids be when we start putting them into school in HK, and do they already get homework at 1 or 2 years of age??

Kimmi is offline Registered User

Hi H&A
    I went for Bauhinia because like Millerwhisk said its evenually coming to DB and there wasnt a debenture to pay. SS House Kindy in DB is for ages 2-6 yrs and you dont have to pay a debenture.

H&A

Kimmi,

Do you know how's the students at SS in DB? Most of them are foreigner or local? As I am living in Tung Chung, so do you know any school bus service at SS? THANKS!!

Last edited by H&A; 09-28-2006 at 03:49 PM.

Kimmi is offline Registered User

My daughter is currently attending SS House DB and loves it. The kids are a real mixture of expat and local. I dont know about the SS House bus service. Mabe give Ms Sabita a call and she can give you some information: 2987 8143

H&A

Kimmi,
    I called Ms. Sabita in this morning to get some info. about school bus sevice from Tung Chung to DB. She said that they don't have any school bus service. But anyway, I sent the application form to SS already.

JennyB is offline Registered User

Jaetee, in the UK system that applies to most of the international schools in HK, primary year 1 (P1) starts at around age 5, but many international schools have nursery and reception years prior to that. These are also equivalent to K1 and K2 in kindergartens, and are for 3 and 4 year olds. For schools which do have reception class, it's difficult to skip that class and do kindergarten instead until P1, because their P1 class will be full with the kids who did reception class.

It seems most people do K1 and K2 here, which they would not in western countries, which I think is partly influenced by the local school system, where the "good" schools do not accept children into P1 who have not attained a certain standard of Chinese writing ability taught in K2.

H&A

Kimmi,

I called Ms. Sabita again this morning to confirm my daughter's application? She said that the school accepted my application but not sure am or pm class. Anyway, i would go to visit the school some time within this few month.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast