Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

big scratch :(

kellyst is offline Registered User

big scratch :(

i gave my one year old baby girl a complimentary present (wrapped in plastic blister) absentmindedly while shopping at a super market yesterday. next thing i know when i looked down at the bjorn.. there's this LONG scratch (about 2 inches) smacked in the middle of her cheek. i was horrifed. it was slightly bleeding.. but not too bad. i still felt horrible, how could i have been so careless! this morning, i thought it was healing a bit, then after i left for work, her caregiver called and said there is yellow gooey stuff coming out as well. so she's going to the doctor this afternoon. looks like there might be an infection.

just wanted to vent a bit. i feel horrible, so worried that it will be a long-term mark. i'm so distracted and worried today, my husband said i'm blowing this out of proportion, her scratches usually heal quite fast, but this one seems to be quite serious. sigh.. my baby is definitly taking this better than i am :(

joannek is offline Registered User

i know how you feel. when my baby first had a cut on her sole last month at the beach, i felt like my heart was tearing up.... ;(

but if you keep her wound clean all the time (i used the wound disinfecting foam from Bandaid). when it scarred, i put pure organic vitamin e oil on, so as to stop it from being itchy, so baby won't scratch. should heal pretty well. their metabolic rate is so high that if the infection has stopped, the scar should come in quickly, and just make sure she doesn't scratch the scar too much, she should be fine when the scar comes off. if there's still a little color, the color should come off longest in a month.

my baby also had terrible "ezcema" on her face & because i don't want to put steroid cream (i treated her with homeopathy & reiki, so healing process was A LOT SLOWER). There was a time when she was really scratching her face in her sleep. there were blood all over her lovey & the sheets every mornin. My heart was bleeding too. =( but when she healed after a month. there was not a scar.

so just watch her closely, and she should be fine.

kellyst is offline Registered User

thanks much joannek.

turns out i AM worrying too much, we went to the doctor and the doctor saids it's all ok.. it will heal in no time, don't even need ointment. turns out the yellow gooey thing is normal, it's not even an infection.
    their metabolism is sooo fast, that when i saw her last night, it's healing so well already, only a very thin scratch left now. i'm so relieved, silly me. don't know how i'm going to survive all the bumps and bruises and scratches for the coming years, i'll drive myself crazy.

Scroll to top