Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Did you tell anyone the name of your baby before he/she was born?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Did you tell anyone the name of your baby before he/she was born?

shahirakk is offline Registered User

na - we had our baby early and had only got through the baby names book -boys names beginning with A, but we'd thought about other names and if anyone asked, we asked for suggestions. Lots of people suggested really interesting and unique names.

We wanted the sex and name to be a surprise TO EVERYONE including ourselves, but had a strong feeling we'd have a boy.

Lucky then that we got it right! Anyway, when our son was born and the midwife asked us - We knew we'd got the right name. Phew!

If we have the good fortune of having another child, I wouldnt want to know the sex of the child and would draw up a shortlist of names with my husband. I would definitely keep it all a big surprise. I thought it was much nicer that way.

Shahira KK

DTHY is offline Registered User

We knew I was carrying a boy and I really liked the name Zachary . When I told my family and Chinese friends that we were going to name our baby Zachary, nobody liked it because this is quite a difficult name to pronounce for most Chinese. Our friends kept making fun of the name and kept saying that I was going to have a Secretary!!!

As for the Chinese name...since my Chinese is not very good, we were open for suggestions until a few days before we had to get the birth cert. When I was carrying him, because my hubby's last name has the same sound as "sheep" in Chinese, we just gave our bub the nick name "Yeung Mo Mo" (Sheep wool). The funny thing was, when bub finally made his appearance, he hardly had any hair... Many friends had a laugh when they were trying to help us think of a Chinese name...all possible "sheep" related names were suggested!

wengkin76 Guest

Haha.

I told everyone.
    This is my first child due in Feb'07. So I'm a little excited.

I even put a couple of names on my blog for visitors to vote!

Am I the only one this excited. :tmi

Regards
    Weng Kin

Last edited by rani; 02-18-2007 at 06:35 PM.

drcookie is offline Registered User

We had decided on a boys name and girl's name a few years ago, and so since we found out we are having a girl we have been using her name. For us it has really helped us connect with her.

funnychamp is offline Registered User

we told only close ones..

Polly is offline Registered User

Haha! That's so true.

mintycat is offline Registered User

I told everyone too once we decided on the English name. For this one, I still haven't decided on a name.

madaboutCows is offline Registered User

We knew the name of our first at our 20 week scan so did tell a few people but only close family. For our second we still hadn't decided 6 weeks after the birth so really didn't have the chance to tell anybody. He was known as "Baby surname" on all the paper work before then ... Hee hee!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast