Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Split or not to Split MMR

nanzbier is offline Registered User

Split or not to Split MMR

My daughter is 14 months and will be needing her MMR shots soon. Should I get the shots split or do it all at once? Because I live in China, it is pretty difficult going back and forth with the baby. How far apart are the shots if I do split and does it make it less effective? Most of my friends had their kids shot all at once and most were fine. But because of all the controveresy, I'm still quite nervous. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated!

carang is offline Registered User

the separate shots ARE NOT available in HK... only the MMR.
    never had any problem with it for my son, jsut the nromal slight fever...nothing else..

capital is offline Banned

I don't understand the rational of splitting them, if you intend to get all three done anyways. It is just 3 trips and going through side effects 3 times, instead of once.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

It is possible to have the seperate shots in HK- there is one private clinic that will do it (sorry don't know the name), however the midwife I spoke to recently said they often run out of one or more of the shots; so when it's time to get the second or third one, they don't have it.

She also said that pretty much all children have the MMR shot in HK, without any real problems and in her opinion, not having it done, puts a child at a greater risk from measles etc. than any effects of the vaccine.

nanzbier is offline Registered User

OK thanks all! I guess I will do it all at once....=)