Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stuff We Love - 17 - 20 months old

Keryn is offline Registered User

Stuff We Love - 17 - 20 months old

I wanted to write a really positive post about stuff we love... My group of Mums (4 of us) have babies between 17 and 20 months old, 2 boys and 2 girls. I have noticed that sometime people focus on the stuff they don't like about certain places so I wanted to write a post about stuff we all love:-

Free Stuff -

Coombe Road Park (go to the bit on the other side from the car park) and Victoria Park (if you having a nightmare after IKEA or ToysRus) - both have a wonderful playground with loads of stuff that even our toddlers can do. Repulse Bay Beach is by far the cleanest, and they also have 2 small playgrounds. It is the only beach were we haven't found needles or "strange bottles" around.

Cheap Stuff:-
    HKPPA - $120 per time. This is great fun but you have to committ for about 8 or 10 week. Be aware that a lot of the toys are a bit broken and have not seen a battery in years. It is not very clean but they have water play, sand play and painting outside - great for mess lovers They also do a few songs at the end and have a snack time.All 4 like it and go home nackered.
    Rumpus Rooms - $120 per time. Go any time you want. It has wonderful toys and is really clean and friendly with loads of climbers and a huge ball pit. Like HKPPA they have songs time and play dough etc. Unlike PPA everything works and it is beautifully layed out. The older babies tend to go in the mornings, we have been in the afternoon a few times but there seems to be more crawlers and younger babies then. This is one of the few placesJasmine cry cos she doesn't want to leave. As with PPA the Mums have great fun too.
    Ocean Park - $185 but get an annual pass which works out as the same price as 3 visits. Everyone knows this place but now its getting cooler it is worth a trip. Somehow I end up spending more as Jasmine won't leave without a cuddly toy of some discription.

Expensive but we think its worth it.
    Jasmine and Sophie love Panda Junction (the boys don't like it so much any more and have stopped going). it is expensive for the short lessons and in truth only half the 45 mins of it is a lesson - the rest is spent in the activity room. The staff are great and they really get to know the kids.
    Alex and Josh like My Gym, I am still on the waiting list so can't really comment in fairness but our trial session was a great hit. Every week its different and the boys certainly love it - Mums get a good work out too.
    Kids Gallery - again a girl thing but these guys were really good and we have just signed up for it as our girls are into creative stuff more than the boys - who would have thought they could get sterotyped this early.
    SoccaTots Alex and Josh have just started this and I know that it is working out really well for them, although Alex wasn't sure to start with.

We have also tried Kindermusik - which was ok too, and Kim, the instructor there was lovely but we are giving that a break for this term as we are all trying out new stuff.

I could add a whole list of places we went to trial classes for, but which didn't suit us, but that would be unfair as they could be ideal for other Mums and babies.

I would love to hear about other places that toddlers of our age love to do as we haven't tried them all. PLEASE keep it positive though I am fed up of reading about why people don't like places, I want to know about place people love.

KatBoo is offline Registered User

thanks keryn. great to get some tips

Geo
    Geo is offline Registered User

Am in The Gym and it is very enjoyable for myself and my 16 mth boy. But it is tiring cos alot of activities for the mum/baby.

For cheaper versions, can try the playgroups at HK Park and the playgrounds in Mongkok (Century Shopping Mall 5th floor). Have not tried it myself but have seen the playground in Mongkok, it is huge.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

We like the playground at Grand Century Plaza, Mongkok too.

Also Mc D at Tai Wo Train Station has an outdoor playground and a place to play lego (I think it is lego) Parents can eat and children can run around, very nice.

Gymboree Art class, $ 260 per session, expensive but worth it. The free play session is good too.

Union Church Mother and Toddler group, $75 per session, lovely outdoor area for children to run around, water plants and play sand, etc.

Park Island beach and playground

DB beach and playarea

Pokfulam Road playground

Belcher Praya park

Western Park

Walk along Sha Wan Drive to Cyberport

joannek is offline Registered User

where's park island beach & playgroud and belcher praya?

Is on Park Island, you can take ferry from Ferry Pier next to Discovery Bay pier.

Belcher's Praya Park is at Kennedy Town, next to tram way.

TanyaH is offline Registered User

Don't worry, I won't mention my place or I'll get "hammered" for it, but I thought I'd mention a couple of really beautiful stoller - friendly walks to try...

Lower Tai Tam Resovour - If you are coming in from Central by bus, talk one to Stanley and then shell out the $15 in a cab and have it drop you off just past Red Hill plaza. It is really beautiful, shaded, no traffic to worry about, flat as a pancake (for the first hour or so in any case), has picnic areas etc on the way but nowhere for snacks so bring your own and some water. It is just a lovely walk.

Repulse Bay to Deep water Bay - There is a walk paved sea front walk between the two but it is easier to start from the RB side. Not very shaded but at this time of year it is ok.

Peak Circle - most people know about this one, but If you come out of the Peak Tram and turn Right you will see the start and finish (don't go up Mt Austin Road for this walk, although there is a nice playground up there with a picnic area half way up.) Do be aware that there are cars which go along this one and it is not totally flat but at the end you can safely have an ice cream from Hagan Dazz and feel you have earnt it.

Forgot to mention, HKU main campus, my favorite place :) We usually walk from the Belcher's to the podium, and have babychino at Starbucks. After that, we will go to the lily pond or the art museum. If my husband is coming, we will walk up to the Peak early in the morning and have English breakfast at the Peaklookout, very nice :)

Shek Tong Tsui public playroom, spacious, clean and with some toys.

Shek Tong Tsui wet market :) my daughter loves to see the fish, fruits and vegetables.

My daughter also love Disneyland and Ocean Park.

Ocean Park - lower park, pushchair friendly but no decent place to eat. Upper park, not pushchair friendly but have more animals to see.

Last edited by Wee Kean; 10-26-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast