Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What were you doing when your water broke?

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

What were you doing when your water broke?

Just wondered what people were doing when their water broke? Thanks for sharing!!!

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Sleeping. Happened sometime between 10 and 11 pm.

shahirakk is offline Registered User

I was in hospital overnight for monitering- in the uk - 6 weeks before my due date. Waters broke at 4am with no warning- oh what a shock!

Anyway, ended up delivering baby fine and we both did fine - that's over a year ago but I can remember my exact feelings of shock and fear when my waters broke and the sheer elation when I delivered a healthy baby boy!!

Shahira KK

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Oh My! Shahirah! Thank goodness you had a healthy baby!

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

I was in a taxi half way to the Matilda! Fortunately I had a pack of maternity pads with me and managed to mop most of it up with those. My Cantonese isn’t that good at the best of times and I had no idea how to say, “Sorry my waters have broken.” I managed “Sorry, it is all wet back here” and all the taxi driver said was “You aren’t very well” I have no idea if he understood what was happening or not.

KatBoo is offline Registered User

it was 7am on a monday morning.....the first day of my maternity leave and 4 weeks before due date! Gutted. I was sooo looking forward to 4 weeks of sleeping, massages and shopping. We hadn't bought a single thing and still had a mate sleeping in the room which was to become the baby's room!!!!!

I actually got back into bed on my husband's side (the dry side) to catch some more sleep.....hubby told me I had to go to the hospital :-(

2 days later....bub was born, and in later life....he WILL be reminded that I was cheated out of my maternity leave! tee hee

Isaac Mom is offline Registered User

When I was on bed and was awoke by feeling something wet at 4:00 am. I was not sure whether it was water broke. I then woke up hubby and got out from bed to check. When I stood up, water came out as if the water tap was opened. Luckily the heavy flow only lasted for a while.

As I did not feel uncomfortable, we managed to do a final check of maternity bags, to have breakfast, a shower, and also I made a slight make up before I went to the hospital.

Baby was born at 1:00 pm the next day.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We also ignored the water breaking, went back to sleep, woke up, had breakfast and went grocery shopping before finally heading to hospital. Baby came about 30 hours after the water breaking. Some of the best advice we received was don't rush to the hospital after the water breaks (unless there is something wrong with the TACO--time, amount, color, odor; adds a whole new dimension to Taco Bell).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast