Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Did you have PUPPP during your pregnancy? If yes, were you carrying a boy or girl?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Anyone had PUPPP while pregnant?

hermoine is offline Registered User

Scratchy

I wasn't scratchy until the third trimester as well. Used Mothercare cream since beginning of the pregnancy....I think it's possible that it's the cream.

hussein88 is offline Registered User

I remember the skin on my belly was really itchy in my 3rd trimester, and which drove me nuts! I searched the internet for remedies and in the end I changed the brand of the stretch-mark cream (I changed to Chicco which is less greasy) and after putting on the cream, I'd put corn starch on my belly. This usually relieves the itchiness for a few hours, and I would then have to wipe my tummy with damp cloth or tissue and then re-apply the cream and corn-starch again. I just use a talc-powder case (I bought a pigeon-brand case from mannings) and take it to work or put it by my bed at nite in case my belly starts to itch (if it itches too much at nite I just put more powder on without re-applying cream or wiping belly). I don't know whether it is the corn starch absorbing the sweat or what but it seems to have worked for me. so give it a try.

Last edited by hussein88; 04-26-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: add more information

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Just a quick F/U for my ealier posting regarding this topic. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant with a boy and touch wood, I still have no problem with my skin.

Bear Lau:

ggrizzy is offline Registered User

this is my 3rd pregnancy and i'm already 38 wks. i developed PUPP (or what i suspect it is) coz at my consultation last week, i didn't have it yet! this long weekend is driving me nuts as i also searched long and far on the net for any remedies but it seems like different things work for different people, just like no 2 pregnancies are the same. (i didn't have it the previous 2 pregnancies for if i did, i would definitely have chosen to have a single child only!!)

i'm itchy day and night, can't sleep, can't wait for my ob checkup tomorrow and hopefully i'll pop soon! (natural delivery)

ggrizzy is offline Registered User

Puppp

i went for my check-up on tuesday and told my ob that i resorted to taking one piriton pill at night before i went to bed. it controlled the itching for almost 20 hrs. i ended up taking it 2 nights in a row before the check-up. funny thing is, after i saw my ob, she said it was wise to take the piriton but i didn't need it anymore as my rash has gone! but i did ask about topical lotions/creams just in case i needed it before my next check-up and she said to use calamine lotion (u can put it in the fridge and use it cold if u like). she said it's the most effective with the least side effects and has no steroids...

hope this helps!

vasun is offline Registered User

I had PUPP when I was approx 30 weeks pregnant - my OB refered me to a dermatologist who gave me some anti-histamines and steroid creme for topical application. I also applied some Indian home remedies for skin rashes (turmeric + sandalwood powder). The rash disappeared in approx 4 weeks!

donkey is offline Registered User

Where can you buy calamine lotion in Hong Kong?

For those itchiness and rashes, do they go away in the morning and only hit at night?

val23 is offline Registered User

I am lucky enough to have PUPP too!

Hi,

I didnt have it in my first pregnancy but this time around I got it when I am in my 34th week. It's driving me crazy and it's preventing me from sleeping well at night. I tried Calamine lotion and it didnt work. I've tried Burt Bee's Baby Powder (cornstarch, baking soda, kaolin clay) and it stops the itching for a few hours but this PUPP keeps spreading. I have it on my tummy and a little bit on my breast.

Does anybody know of any cream or anything that can get rid of it really fast? My doctor prescribed some cream but it doesnt really work.

Now I really want to give birth early.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast