Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Whats a good stroller for HK?

Neha is offline Banned

How about the Peg Perego Paramette? Has anyone any experience with that. Will appreciate any info

leekevp is offline Registered User

I've got the Peg Perego Pliko - with the capsule for the car. fantastic. love it even if it took some time to work out how to 'easily' fold it up. my husband still doesn't have the knack - it's very much a one woman stroller. i think the pliko is very similar to the pramette model - just a little bit older. mine is now on child number 2, and my 3 year old still fits into it if need be. i don't find it too heavy to put into the boot of the car, also very easy to stear (essential in HK) and the wheels are large enough to not cause problems on uneven footpaths. it is a little wide in some shops - however when shopping I normally take the bjorn.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

whatever you get, don't buy those giant ones that you cannot fold with one hand. I bought a Chicco with everything you could imagine except ease of use.

Erin is offline Registered User

Does anyone know if the Peg Perego Pliko is narrow enough to fit through the MTR turnstiles??

jane01 is offline Registered User

My Maclaren Techno XT only 'just' makes it through the MTR turnstiles and the Peg Perego Pliko is much wider. Therefore Erin, I don't think that the Peg would fit through.

Marjaana is offline Registered User

Bogaboo is not bad for taxi! That is, at least, my opinion. My baby has grown out of a baby carrier and I feel awful taking a taxi without proper safety seat. However, carrying one big one with you is impossible, as you all know. This is how I have solved a problem: I place Bogaboo stroller's seat on to taxi seat and I put taxi's seatbelt around it very tightly. My doughter is seated on a stroller seat, of course. My doughter has stoller seat seatbelts on and then this taxi's seatbelt keeps the whole seat tighly on its place. Stroller's metallic frame feels firm and supportive and protect a child from getting injured by taxi seatbelt. I know this is not a same as having proper car seat but once I can't use one, this makes me feel much better and it's million time safer to my girl than traveling on my laps without seatbelt. The stroller frame fits to trunk quite nicely. So I don't think using bogaboo in a taxi and in Hong Kong is hard at all. We used to live in New York, Manhattan and I liked my bogaboo there and it also works for us here. We have baby on the way and I am happy she can rest in a bogaboo cod that really gives a good resting position for newborns. I don't like strollers with such a seat that you cannot flip down properly. Not when talking about newborns.

andyNZ is offline Registered User

The ultimate test is: can you fold up the buggy by yourself single-handedly with the baby in your other arm while trying to sort out a taxi. We actually tried several buggies in the shop with our poor baby and only found the Maclaren to allow for this operation. It has proved invaluable for our time in HK.

cyberyoda is offline Registered User

We got a Combi too as it is very simple and light. This is very important for the HK environment as public transportation is very common. There are many steps in MTR or even shopping malls. So it's better to buy something light and easy to carry.

If you seldom use public transport and only drive on your own. May be you can consider other European brand as well. They are normally bigger in size and is more heavy. More suitable for US and Europe environment where people always drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast