Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

'Morning' Sickness.....grrrr!!

Bozo is offline Registered User

I'm newly pregnant after a frozen embryo transfer on 6 November... so I guess that makes me 5 and a half weeks pregnant. You'll want to hit me for saying this but I'm hoping to wake up each morning feeling sick and so far there's no sign. The sickness is a good indicator that your hormones are rising well. Do you think I'm worrying too early? Can you remember when your sickness started?

carang is offline Registered User

with my first it started the morning i got to 6 weeks. with my second it started about week 3.

i'm guessing you only have a few more days until you have a dr appt, then you'll find out for sure.

i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Bozo is offline Registered User

Thanks Cara. Got my appointment on Tuesday so I hope they'll test my hormone levels then as well as doing an ultrasound. When you say you had sickness at 6 weeks, is that 6 weeks from your last period or 6 weeks from conception?

Clowe is offline Registered User

Bozo - mine started at 8 weeks so it really depends. varies from woman to woman. they say that in general the nausea can start anytime from 5 to 10 weeks after day 1 of that cycle (so 2 weeks before ovulation). sorry to not be of more comfort, but it can really begin anytime. good news is that it typically doesn't last forever and usually is over by week 15-16 or so.

VegemiteKid is offline Registered User

Smile

I had slight nausea with my first pregnancy but this time round have been shocked at how exhausting 'morning' sickness can be. I can now sympathise with those of you who are vomiting and nauseas all the time. I work full time and am in a new job - so could just not 'come clean' early or take time off. Here's what worked for me: stop pre natal vitamins (just folate), nibble plain crackers all day, take prescription B6 supplements from your ob, get rest whenever you can, remember it can't last forever. The B6 has been a life saver for me - I'm still nauseas but nothing like I was. Good luck. I am 14 weeks and hoping the symptoms will disappear soon...

laurian_deru is offline Registered User

Dear Paddles,

Could you give me the address of the acupuncturist in Causeway Bay? I am suffering with morning sickness too...(why do they call it 'morning' sickness anyway?
    Thanks

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I had pretty much no morning sickness with my first, and am now 12.5 wks pregnant with number 2 and have been sufferring with horrendous morning sickness since my 5th week.

From wks 5-10 I was sick all day- vomiting and nausea, regardless of what I ate.

From wk 10 to now it's tended to be just in the mornings....which is still bad enough.

I found the following,
    1). Milk and dairy products triggered my vomiting, so best to avoid.
    2). Materna- just the smell of it can make me vomit so I had to give that up for awhile and now take it before I go to bed when I can handle it
    3). Little and often is the best way to eat- I found letting myself get hungry makes the nausea worse

Apart from that it's just a case of grinning and bearing it, am hoping it will go soon.....my obstetrician promises it will!

Have found that with my 2nd pregnancy my symptoms in the first 12 wks have been more exaggerated than with 1st pregnancy....anyone else found the same? I have horrendous morning sickness (before had almost none); am so much mor tireder than with 1st pregnancy (am in bed most nights by 8:30!); and my breasts are huge already (last time I don't remember them being this big before 20 wks or later).

My obstetrician says each pregnancy is different....and he's sure right!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123