Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ultrasounds at Tsan Yuk?

ctrbabe1 Guest

ultrasounds at Tsan Yuk?

I just have a quick questions about ultrasounds at Tsan Yuk. Mine will be in a couple weeks. Do I have to ask to be told the gender of the baby, or do they usually tell anyway? Also, will they give me any pictures from the ultrasound, or do I need to specifically ask for those as well?

Thanks!

Polly is offline Registered User

I've not had my scan there yet, so I don't know about whether you get any pictures, but I would have thought so. I have heard that unless you state quite clearly beforehand that you don't want to know the sex of your baby, they will just blurt it out without checking first.

I'd love to know how you get on so that I'll know what to expect. I have my first scan at 20 weeks, which isn't for an age yet.

ctrbabe1 Guest

Hi Polly,

I had my scan today. Here's how it went:

Even though I showed up a bit early for my scheduled time, I still had to wait about 45 minutes after my scheduled time before they saw me. The technician was very able and pointed out everything on the screen (head, heart, arms, legs, spine, bladder, kidneys etc etc etc). I did ask to be told the gender, but my baby's legs were closed tight so she could only give me a guess. (both the tech and the doc said they thought it was a girl.) I asked about pictures, and when you sign in at the desk, you should tell them that you want a picture. You will have to fill out a form and each picture costs $290!! My dh didn't want to get one, but I told him I NEEDED one for the scrapbook. :) So we did get one. The technician asked the doctor to come in to do the picture to make sure we got a really good one. They also saw something that had them a bit worried, so she had the doctor check that out as well, but it turned out to be nothing, thank goodness.

They will answer any questions you have, just be sure to ask. :)

good luck with your scan!

Thanks very much Katie for filling me in, that's really helpful. I'm glad everything went well. Gosh, $290 is pretty steep for a picture isn't it? It's good that they make the effort to try and get a good picture though. Yeah, I agree, you can't not get a picture!

Thanks again Katie.

hkaussie is offline Registered User

Yes, we had to pay for a picture too - what a ridiculous price for it.

We didn't ask about the gender and they didnt' tell us, but if you really don't want to know, you should tell them just in case they do blurt it out.

Katie; one more question; my appointment slip for the 20 week scan seems to indicate that I need to pay for the scan - is this right and if so how much is it?

Thank you, Polly

rani is offline Administrator

Polly,

I think the scan is free, you only pay if you'd like a picture of the u/s

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Thanks Rani

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast