Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bath seats?

babyd0ll is offline Registered User

Unhappy Bath seats?

How to bathe baby without straining your back? The bath tubs here are ridiculously small and inconvenient. I resorted to sitting in the bath tub with the baby on my lap but he's too frisky now and I'm afraid he will hit his head against the sides of the tub - he wiggles too much. How do most of the mommies here bathe their bubs?

Any recommendations on bath seats. Baby is 7mos+

odm_post is offline Registered User

We never used the bath seat. We just used the anti-slip bath mat (don't know the proper term for that :P), the one with suction cups on the bottom. Wing On has a long one that practically almost covers the whole length of the bath tub. So, even if baby crawls etc, she's still on the mat. However for safety, I still supported her back by putting my arm under her arms or around the waist until she could really sit on her own without much support.

And yes.... this woud hurt your back too :P I'd kneel on the bath mat so I could at least kneel down comfortably.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by odm_post; 11-11-2006 at 09:15 PM.

joannek is offline Registered User

i bought a inflatable bath duckie at Ho Fa (Eugene). it's like a small bath tub to be put in the tub or you can put a towel on bathroom floor and put the duckie outside the bathtub. my daughter also wiggles a lot & because the tub is inflatable it's quite safe. she used it until she was 18 mths. i also saw sth similar at mothercare.

babyd0ll is offline Registered User

odm,

That's a a great suggestion. No need for a bath seat :) Stilll a bit worried about my back.

Joanne,

What/where is Ho Fa? Do you keep it inflated? How much space will it take up?

joannek is offline Registered User

Ho Fa in chiense "eugene" in english. they used to have one in windsor house, causeway bay, but i think they only have shops in Mongkok, Tsuen Wan, and somewhere in Kln. here's the no.26283777 to the old shop in cwb. can call & ask them. also ask whether they have the bath duckie in stock before you go. cos sometimes they sold out.

i keep it inflated & leave it in the tub. if I need to use the tub, i bring it out & put it back we're done with the tub. it takes like 5 mins to inflate it by manual pump & you won't wanna do that everyday.