Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breast Pump - Avent ISIS IQ UNO vs Medela Swing?

mary_spc is offline Registered User

Breast Pump - Avent ISIS IQ UNO vs Medela Swing?

Both brands have release NEW electric pumps.
    Has anyone had any experience with either?

AVENT - Isis IQ Uno
    MEDELA - Swing

Since both are priced over HKD1000, I am unsure which one to purchase. For my firstborn, I used manual pump from both these brands, as well rented the Medela Sympony.

Thanks
    :tmi

sky123 is offline Registered User

My sister had the Uno and passed it to me to use as she didn't like it. Hoever by the time I came round to using it it no longer worked. So not too sure whether or not its good.

However, I did go out and by the Medela Swing and have been using it at home and in the office. Its good. I can pump both sides in under 30 minutes (sometimes 15 minutes). Its pretty light. The parts that are in contact with the milk are pretty cheap so can buy extra (useful if you have to work). Its also pretty quiet especially if you hang up the pump (I use an elastic band) rather than putting it on something.

Dear Sky123,

Thanks for your advice.

:woman

I was tempted to buy AVENT UNO since it's compatable with all the AVENT accessories, bottles etc. But it does seem bulky (in comparison with Medela) and on Amazon.com, there are complaints that it does not work well.

I do like how MEDELA SWING looks very lightweight.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Sky123 -- How much did you get the Swing for and where did you get it from? I am choosing between that and the Pump-in-Style.

I used the PIS with my first and really liked it. I borrowed from a friend --who is going to have her #2 at about the same time as I will, so no chance of borrowing this time.

Just wondering how well a single pump works compared with a dual pump. When I used to b'feed #1, I would leak out the other side where he wasn't nursing. Will that be the case with using a single pump? What do you do then?

Dear Buckeroo, MEDELA SWING is available from Bumps to Babes, Mothercare and MEDELA's HK distributor CELKI, which has stores in TST, Central & Causeway Bay. I shopped around and it's almost same price in all 3 stores but finally settled on CELKI since it has entire range of MEDELA products.

jaetee is offline Registered User

How does the Medela Swing compare to the Pump In Style?

BTW - I think the Swing is about HK$1600 in most stores.

Last edited by jaetee; 11-27-2006 at 05:10 PM.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

I checked B2B last week and the Medela Swing is going for HK$1,480, while the PIS Advanced is going for HK$3,900.

The nice ppl at CELKI gave me a got a discount 75% off on my SWING from $1480 to $1100 since I already rented SYMPHONY pump for home use.

Though i have not tried the AVENT UNO, I am very happy with the Medela SWING. It's very lightweight & as SKY123 said, the extra parts are very cheap, great for working mums / travelling. The SWING is almost identical to SYMPHONY only slight louder and that it is a single pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast