Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Breakfast for 1yr old

TingTing is offline Registered User

Breakfast for 1yr old

My boy is 1yr old now. He has 2 congees, 1 snack and 3-4 milk each day now, and I would like to give him breakfast as well.

Anyone would like to share your suggestion on what kind of breakfast you've given to your kid? My son has 2 teeths only and 2 in the upper is coming. So can I give him bread?

Thanks for your sharing.

rvc
    rvc is offline Registered User

How about baby yogurt? or pancakes?

I have tried plain yogurt with fresh fruit purees for snack. But another question is the plain yogurt of Horizan Organic is quite big portion, he can only finish in several times. Is it no good to take in & out the fridge for the yogurt?

AndreaY is offline Registered User

I would not recommend taking yoghurt in and out of the fridge many times, but if you spoon out to serve instead of feeding from the container and your baby can finish the yoghurt within 24 hours, it should be fine. My baby is 11months and she manages to finish a whole yoghurt after her bottle of milk for breakfast. I thought it seemed a lot at the beginning, but since she really likes it, she laps up the whole thing very quickly. For breakfast, I also give her scrambled egg, muesli and toast.

Thanks! Any brand of plain yogurt recommended? As I found most of the small cups yogurt are with flavored and sweetened.

kashismum is offline Registered User

We buy St Paul's from the supermarket - large pot. Have tried fancy, organic brands and my LO doesn't like them. Just check the ingredients to see if sugar is added.

kellyst is offline Registered User

we usually do a small portion of fruits in the morning before her mid-morning milk. sometimes banana with cereal, just plain apple and fresh orange juice. i made pancakes one weekend for myself and made 2 tiny pancakes for her.. she loves it. a bit on the oily side but i think it's ok, as she has it without butter and syrup. she loves that she's having the same thing as me, will try to do miniature meals more.