Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

High chair

ninahudd is offline Registered User

High chair

Time for our bubs to try solids. Anyone recommend a good chair for sitting her in. She is still quite young (only 4 months) but refuses to take a bottle so we are trying to wean her a little earlier (controversial I know).

jane01 is offline Registered User

Can't help myself today - replying to you again.

I have the Peg Perego high chair and I hate it ! It does recline, so would be ok for a non-sitting baby. Both my girls started solids after they could sit up.

If I was buying a high chair again I'd go for the plain white one from Ikea. There is no where for crumbs to get stuck and it is easy to wipe down and clean. Friends also like the Stokke Tripp Trap. Again, easy to clean. Neither of these recline.

If I was feeding a non-sitting baby, I'd just hold her with a towel draped over us both. Or perhaps prop her up on some cushions or a rocker with a towel to catch the mess.

fly
    fly is offline Registered User

Stokke has very good feedback; since I've only tried this one it seems to do the job very well. I've also seen good reviews for the ikea chair, which is much cheaper obviously, but not so much from an aesthetic pov, for what that may be worth.

loupou is offline Baby Guru

You can just skip a high chair and spoon feed her in your knee.

emma07 is offline Registered User

high chair

i have found the ikea high chair to be fantastic. it is cheap and very easy to clean.

peace is offline Registered User

Same goes for us...we love the white IKEA high chair too! It is inexpensive, easy to clean and does the job.

We also have a Preg Prego (like Jane01)...we started with that but now prefer the Ikea one.

joannek is offline Registered User

i have the peg perego, but i love it. i would suggest that you start feeding her in a highchair, so that you don't have to wean her from eating on your lap.

BLC
    BLC is offline Registered User

I started to feed my daughter solids at 4-5mths as milk just didn't fill her needs. She had a mothercare reclining/rocking chair from birth and this was fine to start with. When she was stronger and could sit properly we bought a the (booster)seat with tray that attached to your own dining chair. She has had no problem with this at all and she now uses it with out the tray up at the table. I don't have room for a high chair and this was the perfect option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast