Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Green Poo

ren1909 is offline Registered User

Green Poo

My 3-month old has been pooing a lot yesterday - over 4 times. You always hear her stomach making a lot of noise too! All her poo are green and liquid. Is this a problem?

cha-cha is offline Registered User

does the baby look like she is in discomfort or pain? i would suggest taking her to see a paeditrician for a professional opinion. babies can get dehydrated very quickly if its diaorrhea.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

sounds like diaorrhea, like cha-cha suggested, better take her to the pd. Give her water in the meantime and take a pic of the poo to show the pd if she poos again before you reach the pd.

AndreaY is offline Registered User

Are you breastfeeding? if so, is your baby having too much foremilk?

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

If you are breastfeeding and the baby is otherwise well having green poo is not a problem.

It only becomes a concern when the baby’s weight gain is a problem. The number one symptom of a fore/hind milk imbalance is that the baby fails to thrive. This failure to thrive can be associated with green poo but not always and there are other reasons for green poo too.

The last mother I know who suddenly had green poo in her fully breastfed baby was because the mother started to take vitamin supplements. I’ve known other mothers whose babies often have green poos and are totally fine.

Green coloured stool in an otherwise healthy infant is not a cause for concern. But if you are worried it is worth a trip to the doctor.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

ren1909 is offline Registered User

I am breastfeeding and also supplementing formula for the evening meals. I guess my concern is more on the frequency ... yesterday she did another green poo but only once yesterday. I am monitoring the situation at the moment.

snoopymom is offline Registered User

I have a 4 month old and since she was born, she has only had green poo. She is on formula and healthy and growing well. I've asked pds and they say just feed her more water or that it could be the formula. Nothing to worry about. Has anyone else had this problem? Our baby is healthy but I wonder why her poo is always green. Other babies who are on formula don't seem to have this problem.

Neha is offline Banned

Is your baby having Nan formula? If so then her poo will be green as our pd told us. Nothing to be worried. About the watery kind then u should check with the pd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast