Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Agency to process terminated DH

spockey is offline Registered User

Agency to process terminated DH

Hi!

Does anyone know of the Emrys? I was told to use this agency who will process the visa application for a terminated DH.

If not, do you know of any who will process a terminated DH's application on my behalf?

The DH we are planning to hire has had her employment contract terminated. Is it wise to hire her? Will it take a long time before she can return to HK? The reasons her employer gave were of no consequence to us.

joannek is offline Registered User

i think any agent, if you will pay the fee, will process your papers for you.

kashismum is offline Registered User

However, the reasons her employer gave may allow her to stay in HK and have her papers processed here.

I hired a terminated helper and got it all done in about 4 weeks (including her visit back to the PI). Sorry - no idea about agencies.

cyberyoda is offline Registered User

I think you raised a good question of whether should hire a terminated DH. We recently interviewed a DH who is going to be terminated by the present employer. Of course there is a reason for whatever termination but it is also important to look at the whole background of the DH. Like the one we interviewed, she has been in HK for over 10 years working for over 5 families already. She is highly recommended by her present employer. She has no CV to show us. Although she has a reference letter but she refused to let us talk to her past employers. Also, she told us she has been living out of past employers' house. She rents a separate room which her employer pay for it. It takes her 1 hour to travel from her exisiting home to the employers home. Also, when discussing about taking care of new born at mid night, she mentioned that she never does that as her employer thinks she has done a whole day work and would be too tired to ask her to take care of baby at mid night. (this contradict with her saying that she stay out) All these doesn't sound make sense to us. Also, we double if somebody always prefer to stay out acutally has other part-time job at night time.....we are also concerned that this kind of DH never goes back to their home country, you are not sure of their health condition. If we hire a complete new one from Philippines, we are sure that they must pass the health check which should be important if that DH is going to take care of a new born baby. So better consider the whole picture instead of just one criteria.

joannek is offline Registered User

i agree wth cuyberyoda. i recently finished contract with my helper. i wrote a good reference letter but had other things in mind. when her new propective employer calls me, i tell them the whole truth - her being late all the time, planned to run away on our family trip, never return calls on holiday, etc. it's up to the new employer to hire her. but you need to get the full picture before hiring a terminated dh. they always tell u a good story about why she was terminated, always in their own favor, she's not gonna say" yeah, i stole money from them, that's whay i was terminated." right?

spockey is offline Registered User

Thanks very much for your input. Much appreciated.

dennis97085 is offline Registered User

same case

Here is my situation, I need to hire a helper which to take care of my kids, because they already here in HK to take up their studies. We choose EMRYs Employment Agency to take care of our application and to ease our burden for our chosen helper (We gave our documents last 1 JULY 2011).

Since one of the basic requirement is MEDICAL CLEARANCE (Philippines) we have no choice but to follow their instruction. She undergo all medical procedure/requirements but until now (more than a month) the helper have not yet received the so called MEDICAL CLEARANCE (FIT TO WORK) from their agency and not yet even file our Helper’s application to Philippines Consulate or HK Immigration. We follow their instruction from the start but they always insist THAT she need to go to medical clearance, even though we want to sign a waiver.
    Also, as per my understanding and informed them that The HK Government policies (Part XII of the Employment Ordinance) contradicts with their company policy as stated in their receipt (see attach) that the helper will be the one who will shoulder other medical expenses such as her ultrasound showing negative results (but on their Physical Examination she has a bilateral cysts), eyeglasses, tooth extraction etc. which all of this directly cost her about Php 25,000 ($4,700 approximate) to fulfill her medical requirement. We also mention in our previous email that we are willing to have her medical examination here in HK(as their findings she has a bilateral cyst). But instead they want me to sign a waiver to clear Emrys and All pro staffing (I don't know WHY?).
    As the result of these (me, my family and my helper) having many difficulties, frustration in transacting with that agency. We are mentally tortured that AFFECTS my working efficiency. Which I’m always asking WHY?, what’s the problem and what went wrong? May be, it is because she did not choose their accredited Medical Clinic that from the start they didn’t inform her to go on your affiliated clinics. As the result they didn’t gain profits from her medical examination that’s why they don’t want to give her a FIT TO WORK Status? Also, we force to cancel her application due to her medical clearance FIT TO WORK status, because we know they have no plan to gave her medical clearance.

Do you think that I can file a case against employment agency since their policy is contradict with the HK Labor Ordinance? Because in my mind their policy is the can manipulate everybody who want to seek for a job here in HK and it root of corruption, since they always insist that the helper is the one who shoulder extra expenses.

Hope I can hear from your good office regarding my situation.

Emrys Information:

Agency : Emry's Employment Agency
    Address : Shop 355, 3/F World Wide Plaza
    19 Des Voeux Road, Central,
    Hong Kong
    Fax : 25459155
    Tel: 28156060 , 28154114

Think so many times ask for the best employment agency!!