Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Buddies Playgroup

mlam is offline Registered User

Baby Buddies Playgroup

Has anyone tried the baby buddies playgroup in Tin Hau? Any comments? I'm trying to find a playgroup for my 15 month old in Causeway Bay area and any suggestion is very welcome.
    Thanks

kashismum is offline Registered User

Yes, I take my 15 month old. We like it - quite diverse; circle time with stories and songs, free play (including a 'tidy up' where the kids learn to put the toys away), arts and crafts (messy!) and snack time.

It's fairly tiring for their age - 2 hours - and my daughter never sits still when she's supposed to, but she enjoys it. I find it exhausting!

All the kids in my daughter's class are Chinese and they like it for the exposure to English. We are an English-speaking family and I'd prefer some Chinese, but....

You can do a trial class for free but the waiting list is very long. Possibly because it has to be the best value at just $500/month.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your info Kashi. I also find 2 hours a bit long for a 15 month old esp she takes the afternoon nap during the class time (2:00 - 4:00). Yet I may bring her for a trial class to see how she can participate. Is the location near the Tin Hau MTR?

teresa_y5k is offline Registered User

Dear mlam,
    It's just 2 mins walk from Tin Hau MTR station. Abby from Baby Buddies is very experienced. I've tried different playgroup before. Baby Buddies is really good after comparing. However, there is a new teacher on Saturday class called Mumta who is not as good as Abby. My son is supposedly joining the Sat class and I'm not applying for transferring to weekday class cos' Abby will only teach on weekday classes.

mum35 is offline Registered User

Hi Teresa y5k,
    Just saw your text about Baby Buddies and the new teacher Mamta:
    My Child is 20 month old and we go to BB now for a long time. We started to join BB when my son was 6 month old and started off with Abbie in Tiny Tots. We come now 3 times a week and two of does sessions are with Mamta. We really like Abbie and she is a good teacher. Mamta is new to Baby Buddies and slowly gets use to all the children in her classes. She does a really good job and we like her as same as much as Abbie. We recomend Baby Buddies.

mamaS is offline Registered User

Can i have the address or contact number? $500 a month is for how many sessions?Thanks.

mum35 is offline Registered User

Locations:

Baby Buddies Limited
    1st Floor Park View Centre, No. 7 Lau Li Street, Tin Hau, Hong Kong
    Phone: (+852) 2881 8717 / Fax: (+852) 2881 8717

Baby Buddies Limited
    Shops C & D, Ground Floor, JC Place 345 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, N.T. Hong Kong
    Phone: (+852) 2618 5020 / Fax:(+852) 2618 5045

Website is www.letter-land.com

Cheers

Thanks Mum35 for the detailed address and tel info. After reading all your comments I think I'll call to arrange a trial class for my daughter to try.