Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

food during pregnancy. what's your guilty secret?

woodk6 is offline Registered User

Diet Coke, definitely. Sometimes with caffeine and sometimes without. My Dr in the US said the sweetener it has, aspartame, is ok in moderation but I have a good friend that's a nurse that won't touch anything with artificial sweeteners when pregnant. She said they lead to autism. I tried to not drink any Diet Coke at all but was really really miserable. So I have one a day or one every few days.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Awhitman, I craved savoury with my first and had a boy and I'm craving sweets this time round and have a feeling I'm having a girl so we'll see!

I could go a great big vanilla slice and white coffee (flat white, Australian style) right now.

DTHY is offline Registered User

Actually, I really craved sushi when I was pregnant with my first child. I have a Japanese lady friend and I asked her specifically if Japanese women eat raw fish while pregnant. She said Japanese women avoid eating raw fish while pregnant and even when they are breast feeding their babies...

Also, I really missed my bubbly drinks, so instead of having a coke or cream soda, I mixed Perrier/carbonated water with juice - I used to mix calcium added Tropicana OJ with carbonated water.

Matty is offline Registered User

I was pretty strict at the beginning of pregnancy and avoided everything! By the time I got to my 3rd trimester I started to relax a little.
    Unfortunatley, on a trip to Paris, I started to indulge in afew things that I had missed, snails, cheese ( in very tiny quantities ).
    I'm not sure what it was that made me sick, but I spent a whole night on the floor of the bathroom throwing my heart up, and terrified that I'd done something really stupid.

Pretty scary being in a foreign city wondering where the nearest hospital is, and convinced that you'd hurt your baby for a few pieces of food.

My baby was fine, thankfully.

I admit towards the end of pregnancy I couldn't get enough junk food. I needed chocolate and coke once a day!

pinemarten is offline Registered User

yeah, I was pretty relaxed until I got a shocking case of food poisoning in early pregnancy from eating vietnamese delivery with seafood in it... Of course, it could have happened with the most cautious choices, but after that I wanted to stay on the safe side.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

seems like a lot of us crave for raw fish... any idea why?

Matty is offline Registered User

Probably crave raw fish for the Omega 3.

MeowMeow is offline Registered User

Lemon Coke, never drank with first pregnancy..this time, about 1-2 cans per week...I've always like spicy food, i cut it last time..but this time i'm still eating..yummy

interesting that most of us crave for sushi, but i'm still holding off on them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast