Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any recommendation for formula for 7 weeks old baby

Sumo is offline Registered User

Question Any recommendation for formula for 7 weeks old baby

Hello,

I have a 7 weeks old baby girl who is taking breast milk and formula at moment. She started taking Nestle Nan Ha 1 from 4 days old. Recently I have discovered she has spots on her face and the formula is meant to be for babies who are prone to allergy. A few days ago the paediatrician recommended Frisco 1 so i switched powder. I found her face was less spotty but she gets quite agitated easily and her naps are much shorter.

Any suggestions on this? Or any recommendations of other powders? :crib

Thanks

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

I never breastfed from the beginning and have always been on S26Gold. At around the same time as your baby, my son also developed some spots on his face, I consulted the paed and he said that we have to give the baby some time to adjust to the formula, changing brands won't help. I took his advice and stuck to S26Gold up until the 6th month and the spots cleared totally. During this period of time, I've come across some other parents who also had the same concern and a few said 'Snowbrand' was good for their baby. Infact, I've noticed that a lot of babies develop spots from around 6weeks to 5/6 months, it doesn't affect the baby in terms of discomfort, so if you can hold on for a few months and let it clear naturally instead of changing formulas, as this isn't necessarily a good thing for baby. This is just my experience, hope it helps somewhat.

Zen
    Zen is offline Registered User

My baby likes Meiji. Its double the price because its from Japan but she fussed with other formulas and got constipated as well. So we stuck to Meiji.

Matty is offline Registered User

The spots your baby has developed are likely to be hormone rash, which most babies get to some degree around this age.
    It has nothing to do with what they are eating and will clear by itself.