Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

What was your HK birth experience like at Matilda or any other private hospital?

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Sophwillsmum I forgot to mention that Dr Dawkins is Australian. From Sydney I think.

Lisa1 is offline Registered User

I have to counter the positive comments about Sally Ferguson...! I did not have such a nice experience. She was in a hurry (and told me to hurry too!) and forgot to top up my epidural so I ended up giving birth without any pain relief at all. I liked her all through my pregnancy but I think I was unlucky with the birth as she seemed to be very very busy. She did not make me feel very comfortable at all and seemed to want the birth of my 2nd daughter on her agenda.

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User

Sorry, but I was just reading this thread and one of the posters said something about being induced, having an epidural and the use of a vacuum (plus stitches) not being 'natural'.....and insinuating that this would somehow equate to a 'negative' birthing experience!! Well, that's exactly what happened to me and I certainly don't think I had a negative birthing experience. Quite the contrary!!! Just because I didn't do it 'drug free' and needed intervention does NOT mean I am traumatised or feel I've had a negative experience. I am sure the first sight of my daughter and the wonderful treatment I was given by my OB/GYN was equally as wonderful as that person's experience. Does taking drugs during the birth somehow make me a wimp...I think not!

CK

nanzbier is offline Registered User

Matilda was great....i had a private room and it was pretty spacious. They have a pull out sofa-chair for my husband...didn't look too comfy. Only real complaint I have is that every midwife has different opinions on breastfeeding and seemed quite animate about their way....so it was confusing as a first time mother.

LeahH is offline Registered User

The team of midwives at Matilda were wonderful (I just gave birth there 10 days ago). The different opinions from the various midwives comment from nanzbier is true, but if you have a problem with breastfeeding (as I did) the upside is that there are a lot of different approaches you can try until you find one that works. I found Sally Ferguson really wonderful - supportive throughout and great in terms of aftercare. I'm now going to the Matilda well baby clinics, breastfeeding consultations etc. so all in all, a very positive experience. Husband loved the massage chair in the delivery room!

jools is offline Registered User

There is a dedicated lactation consultant at the Matilda, who is not a midwife. She has an enormous amount of experience with breastfeeding. What she doesn't know about it, isn't worth knowing. So if the midwives are confusing, seek out the lactation consultant.

Hayzee is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Amazing Birth Experience with Dr Alex Doo at Matilda

I gave birth yesterday at the Matilda Hospital and Dr Alex Doo delivered my little girl.

It was my third baby, in as many years, so I was hoping for a short and sweet labour. Turned out to be 15 hours long but I put that down to having to be induced. To cut a long story short (literally) I went from 4cm to 10cm in 10 minutes! Even after receiving an epirdural, I began to get breakthrough pain as I dilated so quickly.

Dr Doo raced in to the delivery room as soon as they told him I had dilated from 5 to 10 in 10 minutes.

He delivered my baby in 2 pushes without any tearing or cuts and he truly is an amazing Doctor.

If you are looking for the best Obstetrician in Hong Kong to deliver your baby, then look no further than Dr Alex Doo. You can find him at his clinic in Central, at The Women's Clinic in Central Building (3rd Floor).

Thanks Dr Doo, you're the best!

Hayley Biddle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123