Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hiring a DH whose contract has ended. What to do?

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Hiring a DH whose contract has ended. What to do?

Hi everyone, I have found a Dh I would like to hire. Her contract has just ended so I have to get it together if I want to hire her immediately or she will have to return to the Phillipines. I need her urgently so need to know what to do. This is our first hire.

I have a copy of the employment contract, know how to get medical insurance. What else do I need? I know there is a form we as the employer need to fill out but I can't seem to locate the right one.

Anything else we need to do?

thanks.

Last edited by aussiegal; 03-06-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: sp

Miggy is offline Registered User

Hi, I suggest you contact the following because she may be able to help you process the application for DHs.

Emma Parayno [[email protected]]
    Her phone number is 96189125

She's experienced in this field and owns her own employment agency. She has helped me get my maid and renew her contract. I'm getting her services again to again renew my maid's contract.

rani is offline Administrator

The helper will know what to do. You don't need to hire an agency to process the paperwork.

She has to pick up the contract from immigration, you both complete and sign it, give it to the consulate to chop.Then give all the forms to Immigration. Visa takes 4-6 weeks. Helpers are supposed to go home at the end of a 2 year contract, but you can request immigration to delay her return for a year.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

rani is offline Administrator

Also contract renewals are done the same day. It takes 30mins at Immigration.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

spockey is offline Registered User

I paid asiaxpat $2000 and they did all the paperwork. And from I was told, my DH can pick up her visa in two weeks.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

thanks everyone. All done. Rani, you were right. The helper knew what to do so it's all under control.

mintycat is offline Registered User

Aussiegal,

I came across this thread and I know it's dated but I have a question for you. How long before the end of her contract did you start the paperwork? How long did it take for the visa application?

My new maid's contract is already expired but she is still working under verbal agreement with her employer. She will be released May 14 and can come and work for me. She said she will defer her home leave to the Philippines since she went last year. Her visa expires at the end of May. She told me she will give me the forms next week, hope there is enough time. Thanks!

Last edited by mintycat; 04-19-2007 at 04:07 PM.

sophwillsmum is offline Registered User

We have a DH who we wish to employ. She has worked in HK before but is cuurently only here on a visitors visa looking for work. She is due to fly back to the Philippines soon. My question is number one, do we then have to pay for her flight back again? Rani, your instructions seem quite simple. Is it the same process for our helper seeing as she has no current visa?
    Sally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast