Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Direct employment from Day 1

jeanie is offline Registered User

Direct employment from Day 1

Hi everybody,

I referred to a lot of threads here on the direct hire from the Philippines.... but I couldn't find anybody who needs helper from day 1.

Actually I'm moving to HK soon with my baby for my own work... so I really need somebody to take care of my 14 months old baby from Day 1.... I've got my friend's recommendation for a helper who worked in HK until last year but now is residing in HK......

Does anybody here have any idea about it??? Has anybody heard of any case???

Thank you for your help in advance.........

From a working mum.....

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Both of my helpers are direct hire and recommended by friends, I'm really happy with them.
    I'm not so sure what you means "residing in HK'', do you means that she is a PR in HK? What nationality is she ? You will find those who is PR in HK will ask for higher salary (the guideline is around HKD 3300 plus levy)

Bear Lau:

rani is offline Administrator

Jeanie,

I don't think you'll be able to hire anyone until you've sorted out your own visa/HKID card and a flat.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Also no helper will be able to work for you until immigration has approved her contract and visa; a process they takes approx. 4-6 weeks. If she is from the Phillipines then the Phillipines consulate must approve contract etc. first.
    Basically you can't decide when the helper starts working for you- it all depends on immigration.

Matty is offline Registered User

You can bridge the time gap between arriving and having a helper start by hiring an expat nanny from an agency.
    They can be ready to start from the moment you arrive, and work until you find a helper your happy with.
    The major agency here is Rent-a-mum +852 2523 4868 or I think Annerley midwives have now started up a nanny service too.

Of course they are much more expensive than using a helper, but it may help until you get settled.

Hope this helps.

rani is offline Administrator

If you speak Cantonese or Mandarin, you can hire a local helper. You can call the Methodist Centre for a list.

Methodist Centre Counselling and Integrated Employment Service in Wanchai: 2527-2250 or in Northpoint 2887-8796

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

jeanie is offline Registered User

Thank you

Thank you everybody.... I meant she is now living in the Phil, not in HK -- mistake.

If it is the case... then everything will be so tough for me.... I remember I have contacted Rent-a-mum last year and found the fee extermely high!!

In this worst case, I might need to move first and take my baby later, too bad............ or make my company pay for it.. Or need to work on how to bring a temporary helper from where I am now...

Yzabelle is offline Registered User

Dear Madam,

I am interested about your advertisement and very much willing to work...if you want to talk to me here is my contact number: 67789916 so we can discuss for the details if you are interested...

Many thanks,

Yzabelle