Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Walking - Crow feet?

my_ldbug is offline Registered User

Walking - Crow feet?

Hi everyone - not sure if this is the right section to post this thread...

My son is starting to walk (holding both hands; sometimes with one) - but we've started to notice that his right foot is turned out when he walks (his left foot is fine - it faces frontwards). Is this normal? If yes, when will he "grow" out of it or how can we help him to "correct it"? If no (not normal), then what should be done?

Thanks for your shared insights!

spockey is offline Registered User

I'm wondering the same... the left foot is fine. But, his right foot turns in instead.... anyone experienced the same thing?

lesliefu is offline Registered User

my daughter is 15mts and just starting to crawl well, when she stands she is just starting to want to lift herself to standing, do you think I should take her to physiotherapy? What are other peoples experiences? Initially, she was standing with her right foot tilted out to the side a bit, but now she isn't - the doctor suggested physio but said it's not urgent and to wait till after the CNY...which I'm inclined to do...seems like everything is a bit slower but coming along...also, her speech is a bit slow too...I read the baby websites and she should be saying 4 words now...she can only say Baba and then a whole load of gibberish...is speech therapy needed for a 15mth old? Is there such thing? Are there other parents in the same boat as I?!? What are your experiences?!? Any insight would be highly appreciated!

apples is offline Registered User

RELAX!!!! Every baby is different. Let her develop at her own pace. Listen to the Doctor

sunrays is offline Registered User

I just replied to lesliefu's post....just to add,my daughter's feet were totally turned in to the point that she was walking on the side of her big toe. plus she could not life her feet properly. She saw an Osteopath and now you would not know there had ever been a problem...she's now 3