Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Aspirin

Lovely Chu Chu is offline Registered User

Smile Aspirin

Taking a very low dose of aspirin in the first 2 months of pregnancy will help the development of placenta. Has anyone being recommended by your doctor the same?

beckveldman is offline Registered User

Yes I have, but I would urge you not to self-administer aspirin unless your OB has recommended it specifically for you.

I will be taking a low dose aspirin in my next pregnancy due to being in a specific high risk group. In my first pregnancy the placenta did not form correctly, but this was not discovered until the 31st week when our son had stopped growing due to the placenta being unable to function correctly. There is some research evidence that low dose aspirin could be helpful in avoiding a repeat/minimising the effects of the same condition.

ania is offline Registered User

Yes, the reason aspirin is usually recommended is to thin the blood. So called thick blood syndrome can cause repeated miscarriages. I have just been diagnosed with what is called Hughes syndrome, thick boold syndrome. My ob gyn just recommend to take aspirin but did not order any blood tests, while I decided to do tests anyway first with an endocynologist. I have had 3 miscarriages in the past 12 months and I thought it was a bout time I had proper tests. I have been in generally good health otherwise, and unless I had those tests I would not have had a faintest idea why. Now at least I will have some better knowdlege and can deal with the probelm.

Good luck
    Ania

mum of 2 is offline Registered User

Yes, have also been prescribed 75mg daily dose due to repeated miscarriages. Have to agree with the above though, only take it if your obstetrician recommends it. In general, women are told to avoid aspirin while pregant.

Lovely Chu Chu is offline Registered User

Would like to share my experience here.

During the 16th week of pregnancy, my ob gyne told me that the amnio water was too low and the placenta was not developed well (and therefore the baby was growing very slow). I had in fact gone thru the amnio test and there's nothing wrong with the baby. A termination of pregnancy was finally done in the 18th week. My ob gyne recommends me to take a low dose aspirin in the first 2 to 3 months during my next pregnancy as he said that this will help avoilding the above situation happening again. I have done some tests later but still could not figure out what had been going wrong last time. I am now planning to get pregnant again and hope everything will be fine this time

Scroll to top