Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Having delivery guys use your bathroom

mosmom is offline Registered User

Joanne, I like your choice of polite answer. Indeed, we do have a clubhouse with a washroom, so this makes good sense. Thank you

nursie is offline Registered User

I think it's sad and pathetic to refuse somebody who asks you politely to use the bathroom. It really isn't that big of a bother to 'disinfect' the toilet afterwards...

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Nursie, you must have been lucky enough in life to never enter a toilet after somebody has finished destroying it, so to speak. What's so pathetic about not wanting some one's urnine all over your floor an on your toilet seat?

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

Assiegal - I don’t know if this is what you meant but it is how it has come across. That it is not OK for an outsider to use your toilet but that you don’t have the same sensibilities about them using your maid’s toilet.

Whereas I would be more protective of my maid’s toilet than my own. After all by allowing an outsider to use my maid’s toilet I’m invading her privacy. Maid’s have so little privacy having to live in our homes, that it is important that we request the small amount they do have.

Barbwong, I did point out that it wasn't ideal and I would actually choose to send them downstairs to our facilities toilets.

But either way, of course i don't have exactly the same sensibilities when it comes to letting someone use my maid's toilet as I would mine - it's called human nature and as I'm paying the bills it's just the way it is. I'm sure if you were honest with yourself you'd see you have double standards too.

If this is the worst thing I can be charged with as an employer than I think that's pretty good.

My maid eats for example exactly what we eat (even the expensive meat that some employer's don't share- which is no biggie it's just not our way), she comes and goes as she pleases as soon as her day is finished (I don't own her after all), she can take as many showers of use the washing machine as much as she wants without asking. The list goes on.

drcookie is offline Registered User

Thought I would throw in my thoughts on this. I actually feel that as I have a guest bathroom, and my maid does have so little space, I would prefer them to use ours like Barbwong. This is because our helper has her personal things in the bathroom and all delivery men come in via her room anyway, I can't invade on her privacy any more than we already do.

Having said that they tend to spot her toilet and ask to use it, if she says yes, that is her perogative, I have said I wouldn't let them and tell them to use ours, but ultimately, her bathroom her choice.

mummybee is offline Registered User

Felt compelled to respond again. To those who don't allow strangers to use their bathrooms: do they always 'destroy' your bathrooms with pee all over floor or seat?
    I never thought of letting them use my helper's bathroom as they would have to enter her room first which is a total invasion of her privacy. And yes, helpers are human beings too and like us, they feel shy and awkward about strangers going into their room and viewing their private things.
    As far as I know, clubhouses do not allow non residents to use facilities let alone let them enter.

I guess some of us are talking based on bad experiences in the past and some have been luckier.

I've had worse than pee on the floor...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast