Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geiboyi

admission into a top International Kindergarten

Dim Sum is offline Registered User

admission into a top International Kindergarten

I am looking to getting a 1.5 year old ready for admission to one of the top international kindergartens, top on our list is ESF. What can we do NOW to prepare for it? (I assume there's interview classes, certificates, sports & other activities?) Want to make best use of their time.

JC

madaboutCows is offline Registered User

ESF don't interview for their Kindergartens, you just apply and they offer you a place based purely on language ability.

geiboyi is offline Registered User

1.5years old? I would suggest the best use of their time is playing, eating and sleeping, which is basically what normal toddlers do.

send2pui likes this.

madaboutCows is offline Registered User

I was thinking that too but nothing shocks me these days .. Hee hee!

carang is offline Registered User

please, let your child be a child. think of the expectations you are placing on this poor little thing. i understand wanting what is best for your child, but really, sometimes what is best is letting them be.

if you must, enrol in a few playgroups or better yet, just make playdates with your child's friends.

never having gone to kindergartenonly to a few playgroups when he was much younger, my just over 2 year old can pick out more than 1/2 of the alphabet, tell me where most of the parts of the body are, say 1/2 of the parts by himself and can count to 10 in english and cantonese.

this is just from playing. when i take him out, i talk to him. when he plays around the house, my hubby talks to him in chinese and i talk to him in english. that said, i'll be teaching playgroups over the summer and my son will be attending them with me. also, i'm considering joining a swim class for the two of us. i also think that he'd enjoy soccer or dancing. have to figure out how much we can afford, but i'm basing it all on his personality and what he enjoys doing, not on what will get him into a certain school.

the BEST way for a child to learn is through play. let you child enjoy his childhood. we're only young once.

good luck!