Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Books for toddler re:new baby

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Books for toddler re:new baby

does anyone have any recommendations for good books for toddlers that deal with the 'new addition to the family' issue? I'm expecting twins so I don't expect to find one about being a big brother to 2 new sisters, but any good ones on the topic would be a help.

My LO is 20 months, and is just learning to talk, so explaining it to him doesn't quite work!

Thanks

MeowMeow is offline Registered User

my 2.5 yr old dd loves Topsy & Tim by Ladybird. There are many titles in the Topsy & Tim series. One of them is called "The New Baby", and you can get it from Dymocks for $40.

mum of 2 is offline Registered User

We have one called 'There's a House in Mummy's Tummy', which my two seem to enjoy. It's quite sweet.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

We got one called "I'm a Big Brother Now" from Bookazine. It's been helpful in 'preparing' our son for the arrival of his baby sister. I must say that he's been really good around the baby so far, and remembers to be "gentle with the baby" as the book says. :)

fee
    fee is offline Registered User

My 20 month son enjoyed 'There's a house inside my Mummy' by Giles Andreae and Vanessa Cabban and published by Orchard Books. It is a nice rhyming story from a little boys perspective. Although there is only one baby in this story the auther wrote it for his son when his wife was expecting twins.... It doesn't really go into being a big brother but it is a neat way of explaining mummy's growing belly.

ctrbabe1 Guest

I got 3 books for my daughter. One was the Berenstein Bears book called "And Baby makes Five". One was a Little Critter book by Mercer Mayer called "The New Baby" and one was called "Pepper and the new baby". (a series of books about Pepper the Puppy). All three of them addressed different issues about having a new baby, especially explaining all the needs of a baby and how they need lots of love and attention etc. I think I found all three of them at Dymocks.