Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Can't get confirmed hospital booking

Matty is offline Registered User

I think you will find that the problem is mainly with Matilda.
    It is the most popular hospital, and in a year when LOCALS are in a baby boom, there is always going to be a fight for who gets the spaces.
    At the end of the day, if everyone wants to give birth at one or two hospitals, at the sametime, someone has to miss out.

It would be interesting to find out how many locals compared to mainlanders are taking the beds.

rani is offline Administrator

KatBoo,

Congratulations on the girls! How exciting. Hope everyone is doing well.

R

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Thanks Rani. Yes, everything seems to be going fine at the moment (fingers crossed it stays that way!).

For the benefit of those who are concerned about hospitals and being full....I ended up having my babies at the HK Adventist. Basically, I had borderline pre-eclampsia and needed to go into hospital for 24 hours of monitoring (was 34+4 weeks at this stage). When my Doc rang the Matilda they said I could go in for the monitoring, but wouldn't be allowed to stay if I had to have the babies. The Adventist, were much much nicer about the whole thing, and said that as long as my name was 'in the system already' ie, on the waiting list, then it would be fine if I needed to have the babies there.

I eventually had the girls a week later (at 35+5), and had decided that I didn't want to go to the Matilda, but preferred the attitude of the Adventist. They were all great there and looked after me and the girls really well. Plus, I was told by an independant person who works alot at the Matilda that IF the babies need some aftercare (low level, not ICU, like oxygen etc) that the Adventist were better equipped.

Would advise anyone having concerns over the Matilda to try the Adventist, OK, you don't get free toiletries, but who cares! The rooms are bigger too.

K

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234