Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Can you take ready made formula on planes?

madaboutCows is offline Registered User

I read about that too, infact, there might have been a thread on here. I did this once with my eldest and it was definitely boiled as it was a lot hotter than even our boiled water at home straight from the kettle. I'm much more cautious now though.

bbvv is offline Registered User

Hi all, the below thread will help answer your questions.

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread120396.html

sky123 is offline Registered User

Thanks! Great I shall take a thermos of hot water and see if they insist I throw it away.

wintermom is offline Registered User

Airplane restrictions

Hi..

I have dealt with this situation as well. I had bottles of prepared formula confiscated at security in the US, and I have had unopened, sealed water confiscated even with a baby in my arms.

What I have been able to get through are the sealed cans of prepared formula,(are these available in HK?) and of course the powder mixes. I have had luck both with coffee places giving me warm water, and just using lukewarm water on the planes.

My daughter has also been okay with water from a bottle. After about 12 months, it seemed she was comforted more by the bottle than what was in it. You might also try the UHT milk in small sealed containers if your child can have that yet. I have never had a problem bringing baby food on board either.

Good luck and happy travels!

mum of 2 is offline Registered User

I've flown from HK a few times with ready made formula since they increased the restrictions without any problem. I have not flown in/out of the US though. I have had no problem in Singapore or London either. In Zurich, I was told that we were carrying too much for the short flight (1.5 hours) but they still let me take it, just with a warning not to do it again. Hopefully you should be OK. Bon voyage!

beckymaky is offline Registered User

Just came back from a trip to NY with a 3 mths old baby. I took on board the ready made formula in 200ml cartons from Bumps to Babes. I had no problems at either end. They did not even check my bags. They just asked if I had liquids and I said ready made formula for babies and they just let me thru. Baby drank the milk with no fuss. I did feed him an occasional carton every day for a few days leading up to our travel to make sure he didn't mind it.

sky123 is offline Registered User

Did you warm up the ready made formula? Or just give it at room temp?

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

think it really depends on the airport. When flew to Manila from HK two weeks ago, I brought a flask of hot water and bottle of distilled. Went through security check with no problem. From Manila back to HK, no one cared to check our bags so we didn't even need to explain what the liquid's for.

As to hot water on planes, frankly I wouldn't try.

Re hot water, during the Manila trip, I found that parents there don't use hot water at all due to hot weather so I just fixed my baby room temperature milk and he seemed to enjoy it so when we returned home we continue to mix formula without using hot water. The formula dissolve without problem though need to shake it a bit longer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast