Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Heater w humidifier/ air purifier....

wittlewabbit is offline Registered User

Heater w humidifier/ air purifier....

Dear all.

as i will be bringing my 2 mths old baby back in aug, i am really concerned about the different seasons in hk. I have a heater in the house already---but we all know that heater dries up the air, i am worried the baby will be affected. I read some where that some heaters do have a humidifier ( to moisten the air) , do you guys have any good reccomendation? I am afraid of the cold myself and it triggers asthma off in me, babies will be more vulnerable:(

Also----air purifiers, and good recc?

Thanks so much for your help..

joannek is offline Registered User

a heater? in Aug? in HK? i'm lost. when i turn on the heater, i always use a humidifyer. even when i turn on the air-con, i use one humifyer in baby's rm at night.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

It is hardly ever cold enough in HK for a heater, let alone August. You probably have until January to solve this. We don't run ours enough to really dry out the air.

carang is offline Registered User

seriously, august is killer hot here, not cold! it doesn't usually get down to 20 deg (which i consider perfect, not cold!) until november/december or so....

we really only use a heater for about 2 weeks out of the whole year...even in the kids' bedroom.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

it would start to get cooler in Oct and you would probably find the heater useful only for a few particularly cold days between Dec and Feb. And frankly, it is not that cold even on the coldest days. Your LO would be 8 months by Dec (if he/she is 2 mths now) so you really don't have to worry too much. If you do want to have a heater standby, you can find them easily at Fortress, there are ones that come with humidifyers or you can simply get a humidifyer but guess they don't sell these products until winter begins.

wittlewabbit is offline Registered User

no mummies* chuckle* of course not august for the heater, i know temp is really hot..but just checking ard what brand to buy in advance--the sale is coming eh;) I need the heater throughout the winter myself as i am really unused to the cold coming from a tropical country SG.Thanks for the feedback, pls let me know if there are any good brands which has both heater N humidifier....if not , i guess i will just have to get a separate humidifier..