Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Commute to Central from Tai-Tam

chauhr is offline Registered User

Commute to Central from Tai-Tam

Hello All,

We are looking for apartments to rent in Tai-tam. Wondering what the average commute time by bus/MTR or Taxi is from Tai-Tam to Central. If any of you who live in Tai-tam could give me a better idea - I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

ctrbabe1 Guest

I don't live in Tai-Tam but I have a very good friend who does, and I am out there a lot! There are a few different ways you could go. First of all, depending on where you live, (like the Manhattan or Pacific View), they may have a shuttle bus that goes out to central a few times per day. I think it would take about a half hour or so because it wouldn't be making constant stops.

Or you could take a bus to chai wan and then switch to the MTR. The bus ride is 10-15 minutes, and then MTR to Central would be about 30-40 minutes.

Or you could catch the 260 bus, which I think takes about 25 minutes, but it only comes about every 15 minutes or so, so you could be waiting a while for it. Or at the Stanley bus terminal, there are several busses that go into central (6, 6x, and they would probably all take at least 35-40 minutes.

By taxi, it would probably take at least 20 minutes, but it would cost you.

Of course this is all dependent on traffic being good....

Thanks Katie, Very helpful info. Taxi seems to be the fastest way of getting in to Central. Does traffic get really bad enroute to Central? My husband leaves really early (@6:30AM) and gets back after 7PM. Would traffic still be an issue at those hours?

Zen
    Zen is offline Registered User

At 6:30 am, there's very little traffic on the road.
    At 7ish in the evening, there's a lot of traffic on the Central-Tai Tam route. The commute can take upto an hour.

Thanks - About an hour in the evening is what I am hearing from most people. Thanks everyone!