Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blender

kellyst is offline Registered User

Blender

i'd like to bring my blender for blending food for baby for our trip to North America. but found that it only accepts 220V.

i've searched other threads on the forum and Braun handheld blender seemd to be a really popular one, does any of the owners of it know if it is dual voltage? (220v / 110v)

i'll probably get one if it is. or are there other blenders you'd recommend that could do 110v?

spockey is offline Registered User

Can you get a converter to use it while you are in North America?

kellyst is offline Registered User

might be possible but i've heard that converters will damage devices, plus i have one that is super duper heavy, so not sure if it's feasible to bring... i'd also love to hear any experience with that.

spockey is offline Registered User

When we traveled, we resorted to the Organic pre-packaged food. And brought along a "potato masher". Left the blender at home as once, made the mistake of packing it into the suitcase, it got ruined... and it was the Braun hand held. Plus, I don't think anyone is allowed to put sharp instruments in their suitcases any longer... unsure about this.

mosmom is offline Registered User

kellyst
    i bought an epilady (hair removal device) from europe many years ago. upon moving to hk, i had to start using it with a converter. for the past five years, it has worked without any problems. oh, now i also remember that my blender (just checked: it's the braun!) is from europe, and i have to use it with the converter. it has always worked!

LittleLams is offline Registered User

kellyst, what i did was to make my baby's food prior to the trip, freeze them in ice cube trays. this is the annabelle karmel way. I would pack the cubes in a ziplog bag and bring them on board the plane in a thermos bag with coolers. once on board i'll get the cabin crew to put the bag in the freezer on board the plane. this worked very well for us on many trips.

capital is offline Banned

What I would do is use a baby food mill instead. No electricity required. It is not quite puree, but close to it. You can add more liquid if needed, and you can feed baby right out of it. The one I have comes in a little carrying case, I didn't buy it from here, but this is what it is like.

http://www.cheekymonkey.ca/KidCo.htm

Lav
    Lav is offline Registered User

Hi kelly, i just got back from a trip to the states and prior to my leaving i was running around HK trying to find bottle warmers, kettles and food cookers in dual voltage for the baby. After many friends suggestions, i went to this store called Jacky's on the first floor of Chung King Mansion in nathan road in kowloon. I got a very small travel kettle and a very small travel cooker, both in dual voltage and managed to find the bottle warmer in dual voltage at toys r us. I think if you call directory enquiry(1081) and ask for the number of Jackys you can call them before hand and ask if they have a dual voltage blender before you decide to make the trek there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast