Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

husband in labour room(QMH)

kumio is offline Registered User

husband in labour room(QMH)

Hi, Could anyone gave birth in QM with your partner in labour room?

I'm now 30w of pregnancy.
    When I had my 1st one at QM (3 years ago),I and my husband attended their antenatal classes which Tsun Yuk organased.
    (which you both suggested to take if you wish him to stay in labour room.)

Now this time, I've just found out that all the English antenatal classes are fully booked and there won't be any before my due date.
    So, They asked me to find the classes provided by private physiotherapist.

Anyway, my question is..
    Since we've already taken antenatal classes before and had husband stayed with my labour ( suppose we know what's happening in the room.) I wonder if QM would let him in without attending the classes. Is it MUST or Not?

Thank you!

Joyce is offline Registered User

In my experience.....When I had my second child, they just asked me if I wanted my husband in the delivery room and I just said "yes" and they let him in, without checking certifcates of attendance.

ctrbabe1 Guest

I had the same experience as Joyce, they never asked if we had classes or anything, just if I wanted him with me. They didn't allow him in the labor room, though, just the delivery room.

And if you don't feel like you need classes, then don't stress about finding them. We didn't take them for our 2nd, and we did ok.

Lolipop is offline Registered User

It makes me panic that my husband will not be allowed in the labour room!!! With my first I was in labour for hours and hours and it was VERY painful - evn with gas and air - how I can do that without my husband I have no idea (it really annoys me that i have this stress :( )

Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Do they allow husband or find a single labour room for any circumstances at all?

(I am going to give birth at Pamela Yaoude - but they all seem to have the same rules applied)

x