Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Pekip and reviews?

angeilin is offline Registered User

Pekip and reviews?

Hi,

I'm planning to enrol my son in Pekip and he is 6.5 months old. Has anyone tried Pekip and any reviews? I've read some of the reviews on geobaby but just wanted to get more updated ones. Pls let me know what you thought of it and whether your baby enjoyed the session. thanks!!

meimei is offline Registered User

My daughter and I went when she was 6 months old. She cried from the second lesson on. She hated lying down on the mattress naked, but she was the only one crying. I didn't find the teacher too friendly with babies that cry. She kept saying my baby was noisy and don't understand why she cried. I wanted to quit after the 2nd lesson but she insisted I let her try again. So I went 2 more times but my baby just never stopped crying. She ended up refunding the rest of the fees to me which was good. This is just my experience that I like to share, maybe your baby will enjoy it a lot! So did all the other babies that were in the class.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by angeilin View Post
    Hi,

I'm planning to enrol my son in Pekip and he is 6.5 months old. Has anyone tried Pekip and any reviews? I've read some of the reviews on geobaby but just wanted to get more updated ones. Pls let me know what you thought of it and whether your baby enjoyed the session. thanks!!

golfer is offline Registered User

Hi

I took my baby when he was just over 2 months. Looking back, it was way too early. He didn't enjoy it, like Meimei, my baby cried the whole time and hated being naked.

joannek is offline Registered User

we joined when my daughter was 6mths old. my daughter also cried for the first 15mins, and cried when the instructor talked to her. she didn't like her dark rimmed glasses & curly hair, so once the instructor took the glasses off & tied up her curly hair, my daughter stopped crying!!

i think she enjoyed the crawling & playing with the lotion & water & the flipping around.

i joined cos my friend highly recommended it. i do agree that it helpes baby realize their body's orientation & help them balance/break a fall, etc. my daughter didn't walk early (at 14 mths). But her reflexes are obviously better than her peers. e.g. she breaks a fall by putting out her arms & pushes her hand on the ground once she falls. she also climbs quickly & tumbles well. i would never know whether it was because she was at pekip or not, cos there's no way i would have known otherwise. but my friend who recommended it told me that's what pekip does, help a child's orientation & that they learn quickly to go feet first when crawling down.

if i have a 2nd child, i'll still join.

cemily is offline Registered User

You can always buy the Pekip book and try a few exercises at home to see if you like it.

Rgds

e

angeilin is offline Registered User

Thanks for advices.

I will give it a try as it would be another activity for me to look forward to do with my son. He likes playing with just his pampers on so I do think he will not mind being naked.

Star Anise is offline Registered User

hello - do you think PEKIP is too early for my newborn - at 4 weeks?

Bubbly is offline Registered User

My baby has been going to Pekip for 4 weeks now, and I cannot say whether she loves it or not as she has cried in one class but not the other. One thing though, it has helped her development greatly so I would really recommend it to others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast