Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Travelling on Cathay Pacific (bad experience!)

jane01 is offline Registered User

Kellyst - I actually find your post really shocking. I can't believe they allowed a child to sit on the floor during takeoff or landing. It is just sooooooo dangerous ! If that is their attitude to safety, I would not fly with them.

nanzbier is offline Registered User

my friend used to be a stewardess on singapore airlines and told me that they even allowed 4-5 year olds on mother/father's lap and even provided an attached seatbelt. she thought cathay pacific's regulations unheard of....i've been flying with eva for 4-5 years and have never had a problem.

turtle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by karishmaviral View Post
    hey turtle... that sit n strol sure looks gr8... thanx for that info.but isnt the stroller seat lower than the traditiona strolers.. imean when the baby is in it, is he not seated very low?
    does it fold like other strollers for storage ease?
    is it suitabe for new borns? does the seat recline fully?
    It is very low when they are sitting in it as a pram but it is still manageable, you just have to stoop a little lower. I only use in airports and for use inside the aircraft and have never felt it was too low. It doesn't fold up, the wheels fold up underneath it but the seat stays the same shape, just like a car seat. no, it does not recline at all but I recline the airline seat and it goes with it, so she is slightly reclined. It comes with a neck support, but the baby would need to be able to sit up first I think - check out the website www.sitnstroll.com for more info.

Hope this helps! I bought mine second hand from Asia Expat but I believe they can be ordered from the US. I would NEVER travel without it!

karishmaviral is offline Registered User

hey turtle
    thanks a lot

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

I recently bought the sit n stroll 2nd hand on Asia Xpat and used it to travel to singapore. I really liked using it for my 7.5mth old son. Check out my review on it here: http://milkmonsterlaughs.blogspot.co...75mths-to.html

carang is offline Registered User

i have one sit'n'stroll to sell...my son loved it, but i think that he's ok for just a booster seat in the car now.

my 7 month old is still in hers...

the one i have is all navy and in really good condition. i'd like $800 for it. i live in sai kung country park, but if you are interested, i might be able to meet you somewhere, time allowing.

jamesandsimo is offline Registered User

just to let you know - this 'law' has now changed, in the last couple of weeks actually. My husband works in air safety. Its not just a cathay rule - its an aviation law that cathay had to follow - hence the fligt attendents always having to ask people to do it otherwise their job is at risk. They are just following rules and i am sure feel bad about it. The 'law' does state a plane is meant to fly around until a child is in their seat.

however, the law has just been updated and discretion can now be used by attendents and children can be in the saftey belt.

woodk6 is offline Registered User

I just flew Cathay from LAX to HKG and I found them to be really great. My daughter just cried pretty much the entire time which obviously to me was horrible and embarrassing. She's normally a very well behaved baby and just had an upset stomach/diarrhea during the flight. Anyway, the flight attendants were amazing. They were very sympathetic and always going out of their way to ask me if I needed something to drink or eat, etc as my hands were full, literally. When there was turbulence and during take off and landing they did have me put her in an infant safety belt, which she hated. During turbulence a few times, the flight attendant would stay by our seat and try to distract my daughter from crying as it was obvious she hated the infant seat belt. They even carried my daughter around while I went to the bathroom or ate. All in all I'm very pleaed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast