Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Body Shapers after pregnancy

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

Body Shapers after pregnancy

I've seen a lot of Chinese maternity stores sell body shaper (corset like tops) that are suppose to help you get back your pre-pregnancy body. I'm skeptical about it but was wondering if anyone has tried them or if they have friends who's tried it. What are your experiences? Do they work? I know healthy diet and exercise are the way to go but just checking out the options

nanzbier is offline Registered User

I have several friends who have used it and they are skinny. I hear there are custom made ones in Taiwan that are extremely expensive...and also come with a guarantee. I never used one...and I think I can lose a good 5 kg more. So who knows? I would probably look into it more closely after my next pregnancy.

eagleapk is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabibunny View Post
    I've seen a lot of Chinese maternity stores sell body shaper (corset like tops) that are suppose to help you get back your pre-pregnancy body. I'm skeptical about it but was wondering if anyone has tried them or if they have friends who's tried it. What are your experiences? Do they work? I know healthy diet and exercise are the way to go but just checking out the options
    Yes, it's safe to wear Spanx while pregnant – or any other brand of shapewear or maternity shapewear. While many things can be a bit riskier during pregnancy (like wearing high heels, for example), you can rest assured that you aren't compressing your baby by pulling on your favorite pair of shapewear.