Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

c-section complications

kashismum is offline Registered User

I've had 2 painless and worry-free c-sections, as do thousands of women in HK every week.
    If you have scheduled your c-section for any reason other than medical necessity, it's not too late to change your mind. If your doctor is 'encouraging' you, you need to ask some different questions.
    That said, if you are going for a C-section, try not to worry. Doctors in HK especially are so well practiced and rarely hear of complications.

mscheerful is offline Registered User

my baby was in breech position till full term so needed a C section. I did not manage to b/f the first few hours and i took one injection to kill the slight pain i felt so i can really sleep and breast feed asap. Baby turned out so well and no complications on me too. Got off bed the next a.m.

Everything will be fine with you dear mniem

mniem is offline Registered User

Thank you so much for sharing your experience...it really helped and made me feel better.

jojo72 is offline Registered User

Even though it is extremely rare, there can be serious complications from a c-section.
    My sister underwent one an elective c-section a few years ago and bled severly during the surgery.
    She came very close to losing her uterus, but they managed to save it.

If you google complications for both epidurals and c-sections you will find many.

woodk6 is offline Registered User

I had a scheduled c section and it was much easier than I expected. No complications and my baby was fine and I breastfed her right away (after I was stitched up). THOUGH I felt so good when I got home that I did overdo it and bent over to pick things up because I forgot I wasn't supposed to since I felt pretty much normal. So I had some "pulling" on my left side that had me not able to really leave our flat for about 2 weeks because it hurt to walk far. That went away and I am fine. So listen to your Dr and rest rest rest after the fact! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat....I don't feel any lack of bonding whatsoever with my baby. Though i've never had a VB so can't compare to what that would be like. Great experience all the way around.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I had an emergency c-section in October and no complications! i had no problems bonding with my son and breastfed him minutes after he was born, in the operating theatre.
    The main thing for me was that my son was born healthy and well, I couldn't care less how he came out!
    I was up and about the day after, and home after 4 days.
    No complications since then.
    I agree that the Drs in HK are very experienced when it comes to c-sections.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12