Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Newly pregnant - advise on OB

CindyHKG12 is offline Registered User

Newly pregnant - advise on OB

Hi,
    I just found out I'm pregnant and am in process of selecting an OB.
    I received a list of recommendations from my GP but not sure how to go about meeting ALL (9 on the list) of them?
    How do you select your OB and do you have to consult each one of them?
    That's going to be very expensive.
    Please send some advise and suggstions on your recommended OB.
    Thanks and brgds/Cindy

louisouis is offline Registered User

Hi Cindy!

I had the same problem a month ago! I will say the best bet is to check whether you have any friends who have delivered with any of the doctors on your list. It will also be good to call each of the clinic to find out how much they charge for consultation and scans and which hospitals the doctors deliver in. For example if you prefer to deliver on the HK side, doctors who are based in HK are more likely to be registered with hospitals over there rather then in Kowloon. Finding out all these details may help you narrow down your choices. I have also asked for opinions of others on this site. Mothers who have delivered with the doctor who you are enquiring will often give sound advise and let you know whether they had a good experience. And I am with Dr. Catherine Cheung. Good Luck!

rani is offline Administrator

Cindy Congratulations!! You can search the site for reviews on Drs. The search box is just below the menu on the left.

HTH

mahesh05 is offline Registered User

Hi Rani,

I am Simran,

I have only just relocated to hong kong few months back and went for a general check up at Gyno Catherine Cheung.

I paid a consultation fee of 500 and 500 for ultrasound and 200 for pap smear which i found reasonable.

I am however pregnant and went back to catherine cheung for a check and i paid 500 consultation fee of 500 and ultrasound 500 which again i found reasonable however when asked how much it would cost for delivery and if she had any packages she said she had none, and I have chosen to deliver at canossa in a private room which is also booked thru catherine cheungs office my question is can i use this booking even if i dont use catherine cheung to do the delivery. do you have any idea on her rates for delivery I am on a budget of around hk$ 80,000 from now inclusive of check ups to the delivery itself inclusive of epidurals etc if required under normal delivery and required stay at the hospital

i could goto get myself checked at canossa and use caherine chung for the delivery, however i am open to suggestions of another doctor who might be reasonable in general i find catherine cheung easy to deal with but her not telling me her prices upfront makes me feel i might end up with a suprise at then end of it all! which i can do without... any suggestions would help.

HI Rani,

I noticed you deleted my postings, how about a reply to my posts please?

rani is offline Administrator

Simran,

Thanks for noticing. In future please do not cross-post.

Would somebody be kind enough to reply to my post I fthey have used the services of catherine cheung or know someone who has

louisouis is offline Registered User

Hi Mahesh05,

I am also going to Canossa, I am not sure about Catherine's final charges as I am partialy covered by insurance. According to my colleagues who also delivered with Catherine, they mentioned that her fees were reasonable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast