Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments on Rent-A-Mum please

jellybaby is offline Registered User

Comments on Rent-A-Mum please

Have anyone used them? what are they like? I have been on their site, do you have to pay for travel fees? I am a full time mum just need someone to help look after the LO while i have the odd night out. Please help!

aldougie is offline Registered User

I have used them in the dim and distant past but can't remember paying travel fees. Shirley who runs rent-a-mum is great and the ladies we used were very professional and I felt comfortable leaving my daughters with them.

Thanks! anyone else used them before? just want to hear from more people before i make the call, i think cause i am a full time mum and i am the only person who has looked after the LO so it's hard for me to just find someone to look after him..... overprotective maybe!

Matty is offline Registered User

I use them occasionally as I don't have a helper and I think they are excellent.
    I am biased though as I worked for the agency for 6 years before having my own baby.

There is a $50 taxi fee after 9pm.
    If you live miles from Cental eg. Sai Kung, you will negotiate a travel fee after 9pm.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We have used them about once per month and they are excellent. Although our favorite sitter just recently ran off to Aussie, so we will be starting anew. But we aren't worried about the new nanny.

so does that mean you can request for a certian one everytime you book so that it could be different people coming everytime?

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We always requested the same person and she always showed up. I guess, if you have specific dates you are tied to, you could get a different person every time.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

We used them when we first arrived and i can't say that the sitters seemed any more experienced than most babysitters are. They all seem to be young girls on holiday trying to earn a bit of money. Nothing wrong with that but the charges are quite hefty especially when you know you could get a part time helper for less per hour. I also wasn't impressed that at the time they didn't have many sitters available and it was clear that if we wanted them to do some hours we had to arrange our schedules around them and not the other way!
    I guess that's what happens when there isn't much competition. Someone should start up their own service.. Hope this doesn't put you off. They're fine for now and then but if i was looking for something regular i'd go the part-time helper line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast