Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Air ticket for the maid

Canucker is offline Registered User

hi cybabe,
    This post may be too late but my husband and I are also in the process of hiring a helper and doing all the paperwork ourselves. When we went to the Philippine Consulate 10 days ago we just told them that we booked the ticket on-line and there was no receipt to show and this worked. The paperwork is now at HK immigration and once they give the go-ahead we will book a ticket with a confirmed date through Cebu Pacific to bring her over.
    Good luck,
    Canucker

cybabe is offline Registered User

air ticker

Hi Canucker,

O yes i have already pass the application to immigration today waiting for visa. I managed to get a voucher instead of ticket. I concern that after my maid receive the visa she also need to do the body check in philippine before she come to HK ,if in this case i hardly to book a fix date ticket for her cos i don't know how long will it takes for the exam .Do you have any idea ? If i dont have the fix date I won't be able to send her all the paper work on time or the ticket can be collect in check in counter?

:yeah2

peainpod is offline Registered User

I just got a call from my soon-to-be-helper who is now back in the Philippines and she told me that it would take about 4 days for her to do all the medical/POEA stuff there before she can come to HK.

Once your helper's immig visa is approved, you can send her the pckg with all the documents incl. the TEV. But you need to give your HK travel agent (the one who issued the TEV) three days notice prior to the actual flight date so that they can arrange for her ticket to be ready for her at the airport (which she can pick up with the TEV in hand). At least this is what my travel agent told me as I also bought a TEV for my helper.

Hi Peainpod,

Thanks for your information will ask the maid to call me once she get things sort and book the ticket for her .

Canucker is offline Registered User

Hi cybabe,
    Once HK Immigration approves our helpers application I will send her all the documents she needs... I figure she will be able to get the medical done within 4-5 days and we will book the ticket on-line as soon as she is all set. Like you, I am anxious for her to arrive ASAP...
    Good luck!
    Canucker

Hi Canucker,

Yeah i know,,,, hope that immigration will approve the visa soon.

Goodluck to u too

peainpod is offline Registered User

Hi Cybabe,

I just got a call from HK Immig saying that our DH visa has been approved and ready for pick-up. So it appears to be much quicker than their published 4-6 weeks processing time - as we only dropped off the visa three weeks ago! So hopefully, yours will be done soon too. Good luck!

Hey lucky u huh im still waiting for the acknowledge letter from immigration i have sent the application last tue hopefully will have some good news soon!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast