Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Moving to Mid levels with 11 month boy?

spockey is offline Registered User

Hi!
    We love it here at the GC. You'll understand why if you live here.
    You can get the Shenzhen bus from Tuen Mun/Tin Shui Wai. But we usually take the mini bus to Sheng Shui then the KCR into Shenzhen (1 stop away). It's a HKD30 cab ride to the mini bus to Sheng Shui. All up it takes 45-60 minutes from the GC.
    If you can afford the cab ride to Sheng Shui KCR (HKD180) then it's even faster (about half an hour to the border of Shenzhen). We have a regular cab driver who takes us around the NT for 20 per cent less whenever we need a cab so it always works out cheaper and very convenient.
    Good Luck with your decision.

beautifulday is offline Registered User

hi spockey,

the gold coast sounds awesome but we won't have a car. I need to be somewhere with easy access everywhere.

Ok. we're in hong kong now and we are pretty much convinced that midlevels soho is the place for us. I went to the gold coast and almost made my self sick with how boring it looked.
    we had a look at an apartment block called centerstage and have been told that 80 robinson st is very nice.
    can anyone recommend an apartment in this area for a 3 bedroom with a budget of 46k?

Neha is offline Banned

Many buildings in Robinson Road, Conduit Road will fit your budget. Just get an agent in one these streets and they can show u around

rani is offline Administrator

also check on www.gohome.com.hk for buildings within your budget

Last edited by rani; 10-26-2007 at 01:34 PM.

emma07 is offline Registered User

Dont disregard Discovery Bay. Whilst my husband does not work in Shenzhen he travels there many times during the week from DB. We made the mistake when we first got here and disregarded DB because everyone said that it was too far. Since moving to DB we appreciate Hong Kong so much more as we have a peaceful home to return to at the end of each outing. Db is so child friendly and the pace is a lot slower than the island. With your budget you could get a big place with a garden as well as access to lovely club facilities.
    Sorry... just had to put my two cents in.... we regretted not considering DB.....

we're finding it impossible to find a place in the soho area thats not a shoe box.
    i went to discovery bay yesterday and i thought it was really nice. I just worry that it could get a little boring there as their aren't many restaurants and adult things to do...I think...

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

We live in DB with our 13 month old and couldn't imagine living anywhere else! Pre baby we lived on the Island and it was great but now with baby, and I'm a stay at home Mum it's fantastic.

DB has loads of restaurants, a pub, a new bar....and the plaza! Plus Lan Kwai and Wanchai are just a 25 minute ferry (it runs all night) and a short taxi ride away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123