Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Highchair - which brand should I buy?

RebeccaMB is offline Registered User

HANDS DOWN toys r us sells a safety first or first years booster for 6mth-4yrs. ... with ds#1 i went all out and shipped a graco deluxe from the US... reclines, height adjusted, etc ... big piece of CR**P!! this summer in Canada, my mom bought one of the above booster chairs and i was thrilled with it!! even bought one there and brought it back as checked luggage ... ONLY to find out they sell them here at TRUs!! (or very very similar). ... definitely worth the couple 100 i paid! and comes apart for easy packing later on ... NOT SO with the big bulky highchair!!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I like our big highchair- we have the Rainforest Fisher Price one that we got from Toys R US- it nwas just over a thousand dollars but it is very comfortable and we have used it constantly with our son since he was about 4.5 months old. It's a highchair that you could use and use for baby after baby.

AS_Baby is offline Registered User

I bought the Combi one

Annie.Low likes this.

miaka is offline Registered User

we got the cosatto cuz it folds very thin and easy to store. but honestly, we didn't use it very long bc our LO is so squirmy and climbs right out. (our LO will be 1 yr old next week and she sat in it for only about 4 mos) so now we just feed her while following her around. i am thinking about getting a booster for her since not many restaurants in hk have a high chair and she's not ready for a regular booster.

m_c
    m_c is offline Registered User

I have the Ikea one for my son and am very happy with it. I think the total for the chair and tray was $200 something.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

Edited: just saw it was a very old post ... never mind, could still be useful?!

I can (and many others do as well) recommend the Stokke high chair. It's fairly pricey but I had mine for 6-8 years now. First of all it blends in nice with the furniture, it's not bulky, plasticy, etc. They learn to sit at the table straight away and it grows with your child. My 6 yo twins are still sitting on it, and plenty of room to grow. They don't consider it a baby chair at all. It just gives them easy and good access to the table, allowing you to enforce good table manners.

I also had the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster seats, which were great for travelling, outdoors, etc. Can highly recommend especially with limited space. Connects to your normal chair.

Would not recommend IKEA. I know many people rave about it, especially because it's so cheap, but I found it too light, too unstable and the legs are really pointing out too wide in order to give it some stability, but therefore takes up way more space than needed, plus I kept tripping over those damn legs. Had one for outside. It's easy to clean and cheap, but that's about it.

Last edited by MommyTo3; 12-19-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: old post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12