Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Good Mandarin Playgroup

chubbysan is offline Registered User

Good Mandarin Playgroup

hi mummies,

I hoping to register my 16mos old in a mandarin playgroup (putonghua). Do you have any recommendation, pls do let me know.

thanks!

CBeaver is offline Registered User

There're some previous threads about Mandarin playgroups but don't know how to direct you there. A few moms have recommended Kidsland (www.kidsland.hk.com) and Blossoms Early Mandarin(www.earlymandarin.com). While the teachers in both playgroups are said to be good, the former has more independent play and the latter more teacher-led activities. I'm yet to arrange for a trial session in both and can perhaps give more comments afterwards.

CB

chubbysan is offline Registered User

Thanks CBeaver, manage to find that thread. Will try to arrange for a trial too. Btw, anyone has any experience with Beijing Mandarin playgroup before. They have a school @ Wanchai also.

Thanks,

CBeaver is offline Registered User

Finally went to some trial classes (Blossoms Early Mandarin, Kidsland, Better Chinese...) and enrolled in one that suits our needs best. Overall speaking, my child enjoyed those playgroups quite a lot, especially the circle time. However, in terms of exposure to Mandarin, I think we can benefit most from Blossoms as there's quite a lengthy time for teacher-led activities like songs and games. They also provide home-support materials like word sheets with pictures (which I enlarged to make a wallchart to display at home) and accompanying online sound track at their website. My little one has actually picked up some Mandarin words after attending a few sessions!

Last edited by CBeaver; 11-20-2007 at 10:07 AM.