Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any good playgroup in Kowloon? I live in One Silversea

little prince is offline Registered User

Any good playgroup in Kowloon? I live in One Silversea

Hello Everyone,

I live in One Silversea at Tai Kok Tsui, is there any good playgroup around? My baby is 13months old, he is very shy whenever he sees strangers. Even some of my relatives come to visit him, he doesn't really like them to approach him, he only stick with me or the maid. I bring him out to the clubhouse every morning and evening already,but when someone wants to play with him, he doesn't really like to.

On his first birthday,he only stick with me, the maid and his grandmother. When other family memebers come along or try to play with him, he turns his head away or even cry. So many people have suggested me to bring him to join some playgroups. I hope this will help a bit.

Thanks for all your help and recommadtion!

Iris

vivianhui is offline Registered User

I live opposite in Island Harbourview. A few suggestions/reactions:

1. I have tried the little gym in New World Center TST, but personally I don't think it's suitable for my baby boy. Too much time for free play, made me wonder why I need to pay $200 for me to play with my baby. There are a few playgroups in the Metropolitcan Mall (?) in Hung hom. I have not tried them personally, but you can check it out.

http://www.mygymhk.com/timetable2htt...t_program.html

2. If you look for convenience, there is a playgroup in Olympia 1 right opposite the street. The playgroup is for children >10 months, and it's not cheaper ($600 for 4 classes I think). This will be super convenient for you. I am planning to try it out when my son reaches 10 months old.

3. Would you be to form a mum-and-babe group around where we live? I mostly work from home so can meet during lunch or at ~6pm, so the babies get some playmates. Don't know whether this is worth it since my baby is a lot younger. But I think it may be helpful for us to exchange baby care tips anyways. We can try gathering other mums nearby too.

Vivian

little prince is offline Registered User

Hello Vivian,

Thanks for your reply! Yes I am thinking to get more information about the one that located in Olypmia 1 shopping mall, I will go there when I come back to Hong Kong in Oct. The location is very convenient as i can easily push my stroller from my place to there. I think my baby boy has to get more interactions with people.

It would be nice if we can meet sometimes to exchange ideas and let our babies to make some new friends haha!

Looking forward to hearing from you! Take care!

Iris

vivianhui is offline Registered User

Great! Would love to meet up.

You can email me at [email protected] when you are back in HK. We can then grab lunch or afternoon tea somewhere nearby.

Little Troy is offline Registered User

Hello,

We are going to move to Hong Kong in March from France and are considering going to live at one silversea or St. George apartments. But we don't know if the children's playgroung in the club house of each is big or not. We visited the one in The Arch and were quite disapointed. Our son is 1 year old, and we would like a nice place for him to play and have fun.

As you live there, what dol you think of the facilities?

Many thanks,

Dolora