Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pollution in HK, online petition

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Pollution in HK, online petition

Hi, so to follow on from several recent posts on the worsening air pollution in HK I have posted a petition online with the idea of collecting enough singatures to be able to send it to the SCMP, Donald Tsang etc.

If the worsening air pollution in HK is an issue for you and your family please do not hesitate to put your name to the petition....!

Thank-you!

http://www.petitiononline.com/gb2698/petition.html

mommy sara is offline Registered User

I suggest that people might add something under "comments". Maybe how long you have lived or will live here, how many kids you have, any health problems, etc. This kind of information will make the petition more "human".

Blee is offline Registered User

Hi Bekyboo44

Thanks for writing the letter. I will definitely sign it for the sake of my family and all the others living in Hong Kong.

I have one addition:- the government was trying to pass a law which cars MUST turn off their engines when they are waiting either on the roadside, in the parking lots etc. Examples are taxi drivers leaving their engines on when waiting in line to pick up passengers, private car chauffeurs also doing that while waiting for their boss, trucks unloading and loading goods but also leaving the engines on. However, when the government tried to pass this law a while ago, there was a lot of opposition from the people in the transportation industry. At the end, the proposal was shot down. You can see TV commercial advising people to turn off the engine while waiting in the vehicles but it is not compulsory.

I believe it will make a difference if all those cars would actually turn off the engine when standing by waiting. Not only will it decrease the output of exhaust fumes, it should also save energy.

Anyway, if you think that is appropriate, you can consider including them.

aussie mum is offline Registered User

thanks again - this is great but please do change to "parents" instead of "mothers" if you can as my hubby and others are itching to sign. or maybe even "parents and residents"...would hate to exclude people without kids from joining in.

elephantine is offline Registered User

Beckyboo, thanks for being so proactive - great to have the petition online. I suggest we all forward the link to our friends, so we can reach more people.
    Just one small thing - the formatting/font seems a little awry due to a technical glitch (or maybe that's just my computer)?

val23 is offline Registered User

Additional measures

Hi,

I was wondering if we can mention that ALL diesel buses should be required to use natural gas as I think they are the biggest culprits that we can immediately solve. Another thing is that instead of using gasoline for private cars, I think ethanol should be used (brazil).
    I think these measure are all implementable in a short period of time.

Thanks.

Neha is offline Banned

I think now the petion is already online, Everyone can add their addon in the comment section . Eephantine is right we can forward to as many people as possible in HK. Also I am going ahead and putting th elink on geoexpat website

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Thks everyone for getting involved! Yes, I will change it to 'parents,', I thought about that last night and realised should have been that in the first place!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast