Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

social life and family friendly- impossible?!

pnicky is offline Registered User

social life and family friendly- impossible?!

Hi - We are moving to Hong kong in the new year and I don't want to waste time looking round the wrong areas at apartments when I come to look around .I am just wondering if I am asking too much - we want to live somewhere child friendly but would really like to have social life given that we would be able to make most of better child care than we currently have in the UK. Do people that live in Repulse bay go out in the evening in Repulse bay or into central - is it a hassle to go out into central ? And if so , where would be a good place to live with kids that would also make a social life possible - or is it a choice between one or the other!

aussie mum is offline Registered User

we live in Repulse Bay and love it. Its great for kids and, on a good night, its only 15 mins in a cab for me to meet my husband in Central after work. On a bad night its 30 mins - not too bad really and its pretty rare. If we didn't have a toddler we would have chosen somewhere right in the thick of things. In repulse Bay I think I have the perfect compromise. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the area.

joannek is offline Registered User

repulse bay is a good place to live. esp if you have a child. it's not that far from all of the action. i've got lots of friends who live in Repulse Bay & still go out for dinners at night. some even stay out until 2-3am, and it's no problem with taxi or driving.

pnicky is offline Registered User

Hi - thanks to you both. I really like the idea of Repulse bay and coming from London the idea of living by the sea really appeals but I have been worried about still being able to get out and about as we live in the suburbs here and our social life has SERIOUSLY suffered so I was pleased to hear I wouldn't be so cut off! Could you give me some kind of idea what your typical day with kids is like - trying to build up a picture! Also do you have a good social life out there?