Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Natural delivery with Dr. Milton Leong

Jen17 is offline Registered User

Natural delivery with Dr. Milton Leong

I am seeing Dr. Milton Leong but he seems to be in a rush all the time during the consultations. I am planning for a natural delivery for the baby but am a bit worried that Dr. Leong would corner me to c-section to fit his schedule. Can anyone share some experience with me? Thank you so much.

joannek is offline Registered User

i've never had any personal experience from Dr.Leong. But several of my friends went to him. Their general feeling is that he'll give you any reason to convince you to get into a scheduled c-section. if you're a kind of mom who really believes in vaginal birth & less intervention unless necessary, you might need to consider another option if he pushes you to c-section.

good luck!

cemily is offline Registered User

Dr Leong was late for my first IUI (??), ie introduce sperms at a planned time and my first IVF (timing is v important for IVF too). So I would not trust him to be on time for a scheduled c-section let alone a natural birth which needs immediate attention.

Rgds

e

Karishma is offline Registered User

i used dr leong for both my pregnancies and yes he is v rushed but always made it a point to ask if i had any questions. i didnt hv a problem with it cos as far as the preg was concerned he was a thorough professional and i had some major complications which i was v v concerned abt and he always made me feel better abt it saying ' u dont worry abt it ,we will handle it'. even at the time of delivery i rem paging him and he called me back in 5 mins. when we got to the hosp he was there within 15-20 mins and he stayed in the labour room with me from start to finish. he was pacing around, talkin to my husband and was fabulous!!!!! i had a 4 hr start to finish from labour to delivery and he stayed in the room the whole time! which when i told my friends they had never heard of any doc doing that! i was thrilled with him and his patience during the delivery that the rushed appts all seemed so secondary!! hope this helps!

ps. yr concern abt tryin to make u hv c section. he NOT ONCE even remotely suggested we try for c. i never even heard the word from his mouth!! but if its bothering u then talk abt it with him and tell him u defi want a normal delivery. im sure u wont be disappointed.

Last edited by Karishma; 10-18-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Jen17 is offline Registered User

Karishma, your experience with Dr Leong sounds very promising. I am in my 5th month, so it might sound a bit early to discuss delivery options, but I will definitely tell him I would much prefer natural delivery. So, when did you have your 2 babies? He seems to be very busy these days... so am a bit worried he does not have the time for me.

Karishma is offline Registered User

My last delivery was 2 yrs ago. but I still go to him for all my other womens issues be it pap smear etc. Hes not any more rushed than he used to be.....so that hasnt changed at all. I hope he's able to help u with yr queries. Overall im pretty sure u will be happy with him. Another option might be for u to try his partner Dr Doo. hes also fabulous and i saw him a few times in my preg when dr Leong was out of town or had an emergency. hes also pretty busy but easier to get appts with and LURVES to talk! ha ha ha ha!
    hope this helps!
    K.