Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

suggestions for playgroups pls

a mum is offline Registered User

suggestions for playgroups pls

I am thinking of enrolling my 4.5 months old son to more than one playgroup. Currently, we are having Kindermusik once a week and am thinking of sth. else. I am worried that he is bored at home all day though I have my maid to bring him down for short walks in the morning. Am I over worried? Will I be working him out too much at this age if enrol him to two sessions.

People introduce me to JWT kids gtm, mustard seed, panda junction etc. I know I should go do trial class first before I commit to anything but does anyone know what are the differences amongst all these? Which are the good ones?

1/3J is offline Registered User

Can your 4.5 mths old crawl now? If not it may be a waste of money enrolling your baby to more than one paid playgroup. For Panda Junction, the 1st half hour is free play and the 2nd half is structured activities. I think it a quite good balance. If you baby has not started crawling the 1st hour would be a waste. For the 2nd half I have seen little babies screaming because they were not comfortable with the setting. I would recommend it if you baby is older. My friend tried JWT gym and said it is all about free play and activities. Again if you baby has not crawled yet there is not much point joining now. I would say for younger babies unofficial playgroup at someone's house should be the best. Babies have the chance to see other babies and mums can give them proper attention at a comfortable environment. The added benefit is mum can make new friends and share about parenting. There are a few unofficial playgroups at mid-levels area. We have an Englsih speaking one every Thur pm (but will be closed for 2 months) and a Cantonese speaking one Tue pm.

a mum is offline Registered User

thanks for the tips. I would love to join the playgroup but I cannot make those days since I am working. If you happen to know any other unofficial ones on wewekends, pls let me know.