Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Any Mommies due in Jan 08

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

NYCMOM... there are lots of channels to shops online in Hong Kong... u just have to find them :) what do you like to buy online?

NYCMOM is offline Registered User

really? that's wonderful to hear! I bought almost everything online in the US, especially using Amazon. Right now would love to buy basic household items like coffee maker, vacuum, toaster, etc. We even bought our TV and computer online. Please let me know of any websites you recommend. I got very frustrated today because we went to IKEA (with our son, big mistake) and ordered a lot of furniture to have delivered and then decided we wanted to add some more items to the order and change the bed color, but when I called customer service, they told me they couldn't change anything, that I would need to go back to the store (even though the items were being delivered from their warehouse and not until Saturday). Taking my son back to IKEA by myself this pregnant just to wait in line to speak to customer service was NOT an option. This is when I began to miss Amazon.com (and their free shipping) Baby Gap and Old Navy kid's clothes too, I loved to order those online. I know Stanley is a good place to go for kid's clothes, but it takes such effort to look through all the tiny stalls, we couldn't find anything last time we were there. Just an adjustment period I guess. I really like Hong Kong, just a bit homesick while nesting I guess.

Dear NYCMOM,

You can try the online shop associated with this webpage http://www.shopinhk.com/ especially for books. Wing On is a department store http://www.wingonet.com/index/index.php that sells most household stuff (coffee makers and toasters and such) but their sellection is limited compared to the US I am sure. Also, both ParkNShop and Wellcome grocery stores deliver for free if you order more than $500. http://www.wisepet.com/eindex.htm is great if you have pets. There are lots of links on this website too for baby stuff. Hope that's a start... I think you are stuck with furniture though... you can try www.fortress.com.hk for electronics (you have to click on the "ENG" tab at the top to direct you to the english page, i couldn't find a direct english link that works). Hope this is a start!

Last edited by wasabibunny; 12-13-2007 at 12:07 PM.

m2cw2mhk is offline Registered User

For toasters, etc check out Fortress, Pricerite, Japan Home, and Sogo.

sanFranciscomom is offline Registered User

Hi Marissa and NYCMOM,

My husband and I moved to HK last month and I am 34 weeks pregnant with my first. Our due date is Feb 3 and our scheduled surgery date at the Matilda is Jan 28. We live in the mid-levels and have been very busy getting settled into making the home comfy. Now that the baby is arriving in a month I'm beginning to concentrate on the baby staples. I too miss the US internet shopping! Haven't gotten to the domestic helper staqe, since we do not have our HK ID cards as of yet. Just wanted to introduced myself since the anxiety is setting in and the holidays are almost over.

woohoo 37 weeks!!! so excited :)

but I can't sleep most night now... I fall alseep and wake up hours later... I feel bad for my hubby because he doesn't sleep well when I don't :P but only a couple more weeks to go (hopefully). I really really don't want to be late!!!

Heather223 is offline Registered User

Hi wasabibunny,

Totally hearing you about the sleep part, i can't fall asleep and when i do, i need pee breaks, then i can't get back to sleep. I am walking around like a narky insomniac. Still, only 8 days till our big day. I am having my C-section on 11th Jan. Looking forward to meeting our little girl. It's weird though, you count down and you can't wait, time flies, then suddenly, time seems to speed up and you wonder if you are ready at all. Guess that's most first-time mums feel...

Heather,

I agree... sometime I just know I will miss my big belly and being pregnant but most other times I am really excited about seeing the baby. I am hoping for a natural birth so the anticipation is even higher since you don't know when it will happen! Best of luck and enjoy your last week of kicks and squirms inside your belly :)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast