Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

holiday with a helper

Heikeli is offline Registered User

holiday with a helper

Hello,
    is anybody experienced with a holiday - like a long weekend or a week in not too far away fom HK - with a helper? Does anybody know a suitable hotel? I think you need a hotel which offers appartments, that everybody has its own bedroom? Otherwise it will lbe more expensive to rent two hotel rooms, I guess?
    Thanks!!!!
    Heike

jools is offline Registered User

We always go on holiday with our helper, though it can prove to be quite expensive. We have stayed in Bali, in a villa, where she had her own room. We also hired a house in Australia and an apartment in London, so again she had her own room.

Thanks!
    Which hotel in Bali exactly? How did you manage her food expenses? Or did you just take her with you for breakfast, lunch and dinner???

joannek is offline Registered User

i've always brought our helper with us on holidays. last oct, we went to shanghai, stayed in a serviced apartment. she shared a room with my daughter. last mth, we went to cebu, stayed at the shangrila & requested connecting rm, where she & my daughter stayed in a room. then when we go to disneyland, we just requested one extra rollaway, & we all stayed in the same room.

joannek is offline Registered User

as for meals, sometimes i order room service for her. we bring helper with us mostly so that my ubby & I can go out for dinners when we're on a trip. my daughter sleeps at 7pm, so helper stay in the room with her. we either order rm service, take away & let her re-heat (in microwave or ask rm service to do, but not all hotels will), or buy some instant noodles & salads while we go shopping.

one time we stayed in lebua hotel, bangkok. they have a kitchenette, separate living room, so helper & my daughter stayed in the living rm. (my daughter still fit in a crib then)

Thanks!!!
    the hotel in Bankok sounds nice!

jools is offline Registered User

We stayed at The Villas, Bali. Our helper always ate with us, unless my husband and I went out for dinner (rare treat), then she ate with the children-so no food allowance needed.

syuan is offline Registered User

For a nice weekend, you can also try Taipei. Only 1.5 hour flight. We always stay at Agora Garden (http://www.agoragdn.com.tw/en_room.htm) which is all suites with a kitchenette, and reasonably priced. My husband and I would stay in the bedroom, helper and kids would stay in the living room with extra beds.

Food in Taipei is very good and cheap, and lots of kiddie things to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast